IGNORED

Any good thrift stores in texas?

keilbaca

There's some decent thrift stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although i'm not exactly happy about someone else moving in on my thrifting turf.......... :)

The problem is, there are virtually no Atari 2600 games to be found around here. I've only been seriously thrifting in the past year or so, and i've only found a handful of commons. There's obviously a lot of competition in this area, so nothing good will sit on a shelf forever. I've found loads of joysticks, but that's about it for the 2600. I have found a few 5200 games and systems, and Sega Genesis sports games that are practically like a plague on most thrift shops. But I have gotten lucky a few times. I found a Lynx not too long ago, a couple of Sega Game Gears and loads of games for it, and even a Vectrex and an Atari Video Music. But a few stores are good, and most suck. I tend to not bother with Goodwill or Salvation Army too much, I think they just eBay most of their decent finds.

Austin computer works is off limits! I got dibs!. Actually they recently stopped selling their old machines (Atari 2600, 8-bit, Commodore) as they are going to be moving. You can still see the pile of donations crammed in a large storage bin behind the counter- but they would not sell anything to me. they said it might go back for sale after they move. When will that be? well they claim as early as January, but this was in August when they told me!