IGNORED

How much is this worht? Ever seen one of these?

l3ushwig

these are chips you put on the bord and play....

here are the games..

Frog and Flies

Worm War

Soccer

Frog

Beany Bopper

Demon Attack

Amidar

Sea Quest

Plaque Attack

Circus

River Raid

Keystone Kapers

Fish

Q Bert

MASH

Freeway

Mega Mania

Hunt and Score

And a Pic

post-5478-1099813200_thumb.jpg

They're scarce to rare, but not extremely rare. Every now and then a lot of loose EPROMs will pop up on eBay, usually accompanied by a ROM reader cart (often home-made). The value of such a lot will probably fluctuate a lot depending on the time of year and demand for them. I'd probably take a wild stab and estimate somewhere between $20-40 for that lot, depending -- but I could also be way off.

I also think there is some rarity difference between EPROMs and ROMs. I have a lot of rom chips that most likely came from when they were produced for cartriges. That would explain all the duplicates I have. Then eproms, on the other hand are easily programmed (and reprogrammed) by anyone.

I sold one set of 40 ROM chips for $100+, but after that I couldn't sell them for that, so I ended up selling the second set for $40. So obviously the price depends on who is looking for them (I personally like them, and think they are unique)

It's a typical EPROM cart, and is worth zero rarity-wise. However, they are somewhat useful and take a bit of work to make, so they are worth something. I think the previous estimate of $20-$40 was reasonable, since this one is at least better made than what I would do myself. This one was clearly built as an EPROM cart, and was not a rebuild of an existing cart circuit board.