IGNORED

Who do you hate more?

Atarifever

well, i think evil otto adds a great element to berzerk (faster pace, and makes it more frantic!), while the bat just adds frustration to adventure! sure, it needs to be there to add difficulty, but there's no getting around the fact that it's a pretty cheap way of making a game more difficult :roll:.

so i hate the bat more, simply because i quite like otto :)

Evil Otto was nothing. I could turn him off with the flip of a difficulty switch. Besides, I was so smooooove at Berzerk, I could clear the room and be out the door before Otto would even pop in.

The bat from Adventure couldn't be turned off with a difficulty switch. It was just a pain in the butt, that would rarely be useful. The bat's only worth having in the game when it picks up and hauls off a dragon that's bearing down on you.

Evil Otto was nothing. I could turn him off with the flip of a difficulty switch. Besides, I was so smooooove at Berzerk, I could clear the room and be out the door before Otto would even pop in.  

The bat from Adventure couldn't be turned off with a difficulty switch. It was just a pain in the butt, that would rarely be useful. The bat's only worth having in the game when it picks up and hauls off a dragon that's bearing down on you.

You know, I think I was really petrified of the bat in my own way...I always did the "stuff him in the Gold Castle" trick.

What about that thing that comes in and gets you in Venture?  I hate that thing! :x  

this is what i would vote for :)

i used to play the colecovision version for days/hours at a time and each time that sound for that thing that comes after you always freaked me out

and the bat just pissed me off most of the time

otto is a puss :P

What about that thing that comes in and gets you in Venture?  I hate that thing! :x

They're those guys that also nab you in the hallways. They must find out you're in the room or something. I get a chill up my spine when they appear in Venture too...

Voch

I can't say Otto ever gave me that much trouble, so I'd go with the bat... but imo the tiny saucer in Asteroids was so much more evil than either of them. You'll be sitting there doing fine and then all of a sudden it comes in, takes one shot and kills you :x

When adventure came out there was nothing quite like it, so you can imagine my dismay when I thought I was doing good and suddenly out of nowhere this freaking bat comes and takes away the magnet! I was like, "what the!?" and i realized this wasn't going to be easy. As annoying as Otto was, I think the Bat was worse for making life miserable.

Even though my tag reads, "long live Otto the 3rd."