IGNORED

Time Pilot crashes on some 2600s?

candiru

I just got this game a few weeks back and you can imagine my disappointment when I plugged it into my Vader and it failed to play, even after a good cleaning. I thought I'd gotten a dead game. However, it did play fine on my 7800 and 3 other 2600s I dragged out to test it on.

I only have the one Vader so I don't have another to test it against. It's also my childhood system and the one I primarily use. It's never had any problems with any of my other 200+ games to indicate a worn out or dirty cartridge slot. I've tried holding it at weird angles, re-cleaning, etc but it refuses to work on this particular system. All it ever does is play the first beep of the opening tune, a quick rolling effect of the screen, then goes to black. This all occurs in probably less than 1/2 of a second.

It's not a big deal, as I have other means of playing it, but I thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone else has encountered something similar. I know very little about programming or the minutia of electronics so forgive me if this is completely off-base. Is it possible that Time Pilot's odd programming that causes problems in some 7800s could also find a vulnerability in some boards used in 2600s?