IGNORED

Wich is your average score on these games?

Damon Plus

Hey, I´m not from an English country, forgive me.  :D

thats alright its hard to tell where people are from if they dont put it in their profiles, like UK, USA, JPN or just a general area of the world :D

as for the games

i cant seem to play centipede for more then 5 min before getting bored, as you will see when i post my highest score ever 13,226 :)

Missile Command is probably around 200,000 my highest score is 337,900

the other 2 games i havent played

i cant seem to play centipede for more then 5 min before getting bored, as you will see when i post my highest score ever 13,226 :)

Try it with a trak ball. Despite the fact that it still works like a joystick on the 2600, take my word for it -- it makes a world of difference. And it's not the whole arcade feel thing, the play dynamics radically change when you feel like you have true freedom of movement; with the joystick you instinctively restrict yourself to those eight degrees of movement. With the trak ball you'll find yourself moving as you would in the arcade, which actually does end performing moves you wouldn't normally perform with the stick.

On variation 1, of course

Centipede: 85.000-90.000

Missile Command: 120.000

Jawbreaker: 20.000

Placque Attack: 55.000

I don't have exact scores for these, but...

Centipede: come close to flipping the score

Missile Command: flipped the score

Jawbreaker: haven't played it in a long time , but I don't think I've come close to 20K.

Placque Attack: have come close to maxing out the score several times.

BTW I'm sure Todd Rogers  and a few others from the HSC have probably flipped/maxed out all of these games :D

Plaque Attack is a tough one. sku_u, do you have any hints for me? My high score is 88K+. Todd just tells me to treat it like missile command and protect one tooth. This is not enough help for me to improve. I'd like to add it to my listed of maxed games one day.

BTW I'm sure Todd Rogers  and a few others from the HSC have probably flipped/maxed out all of these games :D

Plaque Attack is a tough one. sku_u, do you have any hints for me? My high score is 88K+. Todd just tells me to treat it like missile command and protect one tooth. This is not enough help for me to improve. I'd like to add it to my listed of maxed games one day.

I like to always stay at the bottom of the screen as much as possible and defend as many teeth as I can in the early stages. In the later stages when the objects are moving diagonally and fast, I stay around 1 tooth, usually one of the center teeth and shoot as much as possible. In the later stages, I have the same problems as everyone else which is why this is one that I have yet to max out. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to. I struggle with this game and Crackpots.

Delete 'level' and insert 'stage'. ;) I'm talking about playing on the easiest level and making it to stage 4; having my teeth brushed 4 times. What stage are you at when you approach 20k? The power pellets only replenish themself 4-5 times so you eventually have to move on. At stage 4 which I usually get to my score tends to be in the 12,000 range. Sorry for the confusion, I've never tried the different difficulty settings.

I don't remember exact scores, but I remember marathon games of Missle command and centipede. As well as vanguard, phoenix, bezerk and yars revenge marathons

The problem with Berzerk is that sometimes it depends on luck. Meaning sometimes you start a level, and the enemy robots are just about touching you when you begin, so no matter where you move, you get electrocuted instantly. If not, they sually shoot you before you have a chance.

A similar thing happens with Wizard of Wor. When the wizard comes out in the end, it is random where he appears. If he appears right in front of you, you have a good chance of dying.