IGNORED

19 meg pdf of Electronic Games Magazine - May 1982

NE146

I have quite a few old video game mags in my collection.

Unfortunately I have no scanner.

I'm really suprised no one has started a web page about these old mags. They seem pretty popular with the classic gaming crowd.

BTW, I have a cover gallery of all my mags on my site:

http://retrogames-r-us.tripod.com

:ponder:

I'm slowly working on a page that I was planning to have some Electronic Games scans on (with other stuff), but I was hoping I could get away with just scanning in the front cover and a few pages that stand out to me from the inside. Is that good enough or do people want the whole thing? Seems like it would take a loooong time to scan in all of those pages.

Look at pages 42-43. Apparently this guy made the ultimate sacrifice and cut them up so they could go into a high-speed scanner. I'm not sure I want to do that to my ONLY copy of EG that I actually bought back in the day.

I already have access at work to a Xerox Workgroup thingy 45 which can scan B&W really fast, and then e-mail you a PDF, and I think there's a color one on the other side of the building.

Anyhow, page 22-23, there's a picture of System X (aka "Pam").

Page 25, I think I have one of those dust covers. I actually found two slightly different 2600 dust covers at the same or nearly the same time years ago.

Look at page 69. I can't believe that Apollo games was selling hacked game cartriges for 99.95 :D They were putting peoples initials into spacechase, so they could be king shit, just because their initials were in the game..

How rare would those be today, and how would you tell if your spacechase was modified like that :?:

sounds like a new rarity 10...lmfao...i wonder how long before someone produces a legit copy of this on here? :ponder:

I have quite a few old video game mags in my collection.

Unfortunately I have no scanner.

I'm really suprised no one has started a web page about these old mags. They seem pretty popular with the classic gaming crowd.

BTW, I have a cover gallery of all my mags on my site:

http://retrogames-r-us.tripod.com

:ponder:

Yeah I know there are planty of sites that have the cover scans and even some with excerps from the articles...I am more interested in the magazines content as opposed to just cover scans though. There was a site that had a bunch of Joystik magazines (Nine) scanned from cover to cover.

http://www.stormaster.com/RGVAC-Manuals/Jo...stik-Magazines/

Unfortunately the link doesn't work anymore.

There was a site that had a bunch of Joystik magazines (Nine) scanned from cover to cover.  

http://www.stormaster.com/RGVAC-Manuals/Jo...stik-Magazines/

Unfortunately the link doesn't work anymore.

They were NOT scanned cover to cover. I know the guy who did that.. it was DLH and he skipped over any and every page that had anything to do with home videogames, or letters, etc. (He had sort of an 'arcade only' bias ;)) I still have those scans if you want them. But once you see it, you'll notice it skips 10 pages here, 12 pages there, etc. ;)

I do plan on eventually scanning in all Joystiks magazines full.. because it is one of my favorite mags, and of course there weren't very much of them. The one I linked to above was the one single magazine he skipped so that was my first step.

From what I recall. These were cover to cover scans of all the Joystik mags.

Huh? No there were no cover to cover scans I just said. The scans you are referring to were done by my online buddy DLH, and he only scanned the arcade sections. They were posted on Spies, and other various mirrors. Trust me :P

It is easy to think they were cover to cover scans unless you look at the page numbers in the images. But every single one of them is missing about a third of the originals pages.

Want them?

p.s. And if you had clicked my link to the Joystik scan I did above, and did a little digging, you will find the Joystik mag scans you are looking for ;)

However, like I said.. I want to do them myself. Because although on some they are relatively complete, there are still missing too many pages.

Ohhh so that was just a mirror of the first site I posted?

Hmmm I guess I can't remember now since it was so long ago the link worked.

Heck yeah I'll take em.

Actually I have several Joystik mags hardcopies so I'd only need specifik

I'll have to PM you the ones I need.

Ohhh so that was just a mirror of the first site I posted?

Hmmm I guess I can't remember now since it was so long ago the link worked.

Heck yeah I'll take em.  

Actually I have several Joystik mags hardcopies so I'd only need specifik <heheh) issues.

I'll have to PM you the ones I need.

Just snag them all! I just told you above where to get them. :)

Bump. I'm getting ready to delete this puppy off that limited webspace so if you haven't snagged it yet, you got a few more days. :)

P.S. If you want those Joystik magazines that Moycon is talking about.. they're here: http://www.spaceballsthewebsite.com/ne146/ But again note, that most of them have a couple of pages missing (the pages that deal with consoles).