IGNORED

Anyone else have a great day of thrifting today?

adams_ale

It's a crappy day today with the fog, drizzle, wind, and temps in the 40's so I figured I was dissapointed that most yard sales would be non-existent. I found two very nice boxed games for 15 dollars: Worm War I and Beany Bopper. Seemed like a good price to me. Plus I bought three instructions that I needed for 3 bucks: Picnic, Raft Rider, and Piece o' Cake. Then went to the flea market that never has atari games other than frogger, e.t., and pac-man. Wasn't expecting much at all so finding what I did made for a great day. The guy pulled out a large box from behind the counter when I told him what I was looking for. For 10 dollars I got 11 games(supposed to be 1 dollar each) that I didn't have before and somewhat scarce to slightly rare: Q*Bert(red label), Fast Food(handle), Kool-Aid Man, Survival Run(with both labels), Commando, Beamrider, Skeet Shoot, Atari Video Cube, Demon Attack(blue label), Ghostbusters(blue label) and Polaris(blue label, end label half torn off). Not bad for 10 bucks!!! :D The best part is that they have plenty more scarce games for a buck each so I can go back tomorrow and finish the job. Sure I've found rarer games in the wild one at a time like Tooth Protectors and Death Trap for instance, but today was the most fun experience. At one time I thought I would never score any good Atari games in the wild, but I've come to find that you just need patience and a motherload of gas for the drive.

I used to find a 2600 stuff everytime I went garage saling or to the local flea market. My best score was Crazy Climber in mint condition, Indy 500 with controllers, a couple other carts + a non-broken atari joystick for $3. Obviously I was thrilled about Crazy Climber for basically free, but I really wanted the driving controllers too. And a working atari joystick never hurts.

Unfortunately, that was the last time I've seen 2600 stuff in the wild. I did find 3 Room of Doom carts in a used records, tapes, CDs, and video games store - $4 each, except $6 for the one with the box and the directions.

It sucks that the wild 2600 kingdom has be void of stuff in my area for about 5 years now.

Pete

the flea markets round here are ethnic. geared toward latin american immigrants which translates into no atari stuff but plenty of 8 bit NES games . i have to drive close to 50 miles to get to an old fashioned garage sale fleamarket round here . the thrift stores are bone dry but i feel cause most thrrifts are chain thrifts like value village and goodwill . you better believe they skim of atari stuf to ebay

Well Im off to see what I can find in the very tail end of the British car boot season tomorrow. I've been to a stall at a car boot sale that has had quite a few carts recently, I've bought a few that I need, including a nice CIB Radar Lock and Xenophobe that I picked up for £4 pounds each(not bad, but not a lot less than what these pal carts get on ebay). Im gonna see if I can get a good price for the entire lot of whatever's left and resell any dupes.

I dunno if the situation if the same in the US, but here in Britain most of of our thrift store/yard sale equivalents have got wind of the idea that many classic games and systems fetch a good price these days. Some try to get silly prices for some things.

Got an Apollo Guardian, River Raid 2, and a Panda Space Canyon for $4 a piece last week at the local flea market.

That's by far the best I ever did.

Tag sales are different.

This years highlights at tag sales for me include a Sega Nomad, a Virtual Boy and games, Boxed Atari Stunt Cycle, and a 7800 with about 20 mint games for it, Boxed colecovision too with a bunch of really rare games (Slurpy).

I got my 5200 boxed at a tag sales and most of my atari collection through the last 5 or 6 years of tag saling.

90% of the time though, tag sales are all Nintendo and Genesis, which isn't a bad thing, just not as good as Atari. ;)

Nice find by the way.

It's such a great feeling to find that stuff in the wild.

I don't go to flea markets. The nearest Game X Change has loads of Atari games(but no rare ones :sad: .) I got a few carts Friday, but they were really common ones since I only started my collection a week ago. But if you want to know what I got, they were:

Frogs and Flies

Maze Craze

Boxing

Ice Hockey(defective, so I replaced it with Air Sea Battle and a Combat picture label cart)

the flea markets round here are ethnic. geared toward latin american immigrants which translates into no atari stuff but plenty of 8 bit NES games . i have to drive close to 50 miles to get to an old fashioned garage sale fleamarket round here . the thrift stores are bone dry but i feel cause most thrrifts are chain thrifts like value village and goodwill . you better believe they skim of atari stuf to ebay

same here, everything it's NES or N64 with over-inflated prices :( the days I used to find bags with 5-6 games for a buck are long gone :(

I hit the local flea market on Sunday and found 15 (!) games I needed for $2 a piece.

Atari:

Championship Soccer (text)

Phoenix

Midnight magic

kangaroo

Demons to diamonds

Circus atari (pic)

Sears:

Warlords (t)

Soccer (t)

M Net:

International Soccer