IGNORED

What is the easy way to beat Raiders of the Lost Ark?

mileena

I would say the only hard way of beating it is getting the easter eggs.

I am not sure of any easy way of beating it, (but I can do it in about 15 minutes playing the regular way) And I have only gotten a perfect game one time.

Maybe the programmer of it will stop in and shed some light on it ;)

Thanks. I definitely know I read there were two ways stated in that gaming magazine from the 80's, but they didn't give the easy way.

For me, the hardest part was being able to consistently jump from that cliff and parachute into the cave just under the tree branch. You had to do it just right or you would die.

I also had it down to being able to beat it in about 15 min.

But I was always disappointed at not being able to get the "pedestal" to raise any higher at the end. And I never understood the weird effect in the clock room where the walls would seal up under certain conditions.

Geez, I can remember the first time I got to the map room and found the location of the correct mesa. I was as overjoyed as any geeky 12 year old has ever been.

Here is a great thread explaining the scoring correctly for the game. This is how to get the pedestal to raise to it highest and get all the rings for a perfect game!!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtop...opic.php?t=3421

Good luck everyone. Someone talks in this thread about a way to blow up a wall to win more quickly, but you will lose points for that. :sad:

I believe this had to do with bribing the sheikh to get to the Black Market instead of using the regular way.

Hi, thanks for that info. I have done it that way, but the magazine I read gave that same info when it mentioned the long way to beat the game, thereby inplying there was some other way to beat the game really quickly when it stated there was a secret, fast way. But maybe what you said was correct and the magazine got it wrong.

I definitely blew up the wall. The last time I played this game, and it was a very long time ago, I finished it in about 5 minutes. I think I had some luck in that everything was perfectly timed right that I did not have to wait for the sun to get into the right space, and it was on an easy mesa to jump to and my parachute flight was perfect. Bribing was something I always remembered doing. I never ever got a perfect score though.

Phil

I definitely blew up the wall. The last time I played this game, and it was a very long time ago, I finished it in about 5 minutes. I think I had some luck in that everything was perfectly timed right that I did not have to wait for the sun to get into the right space, and it was on an easy mesa to jump to and my parachute flight was perfect. Bribing was something I always remembered doing. I never ever got a perfect score though.

Phil

You will never get a perfect score if you blow up the wall. In my post above you can see a total explanation of scoring in the game.

Thanks. I definitely know I read there were two ways stated in that gaming magazine from the 80's, but they didn't give the easy way.

For me, the hardest part was being able to consistently jump from that cliff and parachute into the cave just under the tree branch. You had to do it just right or you would die.

One way to prevent death during this part is to use the hourglass for the grappling hook to get to the correct mesa. In your inventory, have the ankh directly to the right of the parachute you intend to use. Drop the hourglass, select the parachute (being careful not to select the ankh)...then step off and use it. If the branch below rips the parachute (the game will automatically select the next object to the right) and you begin to fall...press the button immediately to use the ankh's powers to warp you to the center mesa and cheat death.

BTW there's no reason at all to use grenades...the headpiece works just as well (run along the first market's right edge while pressing the button)...and you won't lose points.

I'm sure this has been posted before.  

But since this thrread is current, how exactly do you bribe the sheik?  

I remember me and my friend trying over and over and over to do it, but always died.

After dropping the chai in the first market (to warp you there), move very close above the lunatic...to the horizontal position -just before- the spot where that line would appear. Then drop a bag of coins. Now you can walk safely past him.