IGNORED

Activision patches

mileena

Hi, I used to own about 20 activision games in the early 80's, and qualified for the patch on every one of those where it was offered. However, I could never take a good picture of the TV screen, which always came out as a red dot. So, how do I take a good pciture now with my digital camera, and can I still get the patches for those games? Thanks!

So, how do I take a good pciture now with my digital camera,
Just don't use a flash, and hold very steady when it is taking the picture (or use a tripod if you have one)
and can I still get the patches for those games? Thanks!

Nope activision stopped giving those patches away a long time ago, and now they usually command a good price on ebay if you want to buy them back. (usually 10-20 per patch for the more common ones)

Thanks! I used to love the Activision games, which were always superior to the regular Atari ones, until the newer Atari ones like Vanguard and Ms. Pac-Man came out. Well, some of them were stupid, like Laser Blast, which seemed to depend more on luck than anything else (the laser shots were so fast that they were almost impossible to avoid).

Keystone Kapers was excellent. Very hard for me to get past a certain level. And I had tons of fun mapping out Pitfall!. River Raid was great, until it broke. And with Ice Hockey, I think I once beat the computer 45-0 or maybe 47-0. Kaboom kind of frazzled my nerves as it just got too fast.

And with games like Skiing, Sky Jinx, Barnstorming, Stampede, and Grand Prix, the problem was once you learned the pattern to get a score high enough to get a patch, you lost interest in the game.

And StarMaster was fun. I sucked on Star Raiders, so I had more fun with Star Master, as it was easier to beat. :)

Hi, I used to own about 20 activision games in the early 80's, and qualified for the patch on every one of those where it was offered. However, I could never take a good picture of the TV screen, which always came out as a red dot. So, how do I take a good pciture now with my digital camera, and can I still get the patches for those games? Thanks!

Do what I did with Kaboom... Play and obtain the needed score and then get the patch off of eBay.

JL

Well, if you do get a letter back from Activision, then you can feel justified when you purchase your colleciton of patches through ebay. For every patch you buy, you can display the correspoindng letter next to it.

They won't send you the letters that went with the patches. They'll just send one that says they no longer offer the patches. :sad:

That's not what I meant...

If Activision would send out a reply that said something like "The patch contest has ended and we no longer send out patches." Once you received your "rejection" letter you could put it next to the patch that you purchased from ebay just to prove that you followed the rules for getting the patch.