Games that Require Paddle Controller

mileena

These are the only ones I can think of:

Circus Atari

Breakout

Super Breakout (did not own)

Nightdriver

Kaboom!

The thing that frustrated me was that I found the paddle controllers not precise enough to be able to do well on Breakout. Likewise with the standard joystick on Ms. Pac-Man, which was not responsive enough if I needed to make a quick turn in the maze. In my day, I broke a number of these after they got slammed to the floor when the monsters got me due to the joystick not responding fast enough when I needed to turn to escape. :)

Also, the only game that I can think of that required the touchpad was Star Raiders.

Are there any more games that I am not aware of?

There are 3 different versions of the keypad, which all work the same.

V. 1 had tiny, calculator-style buttons and was used for Brain Games/Concentration(Hunt & Score)/BASIC Programming/probably forgetting a couple.

The more common Video Touch Pad (V. 2) was only used for Star Raiders.

V. 3 is the blue Kid's Controller, which was used for a lot of games with Disney/CTW licenses.

All the games will work on any version. . .

Also, the only game that I can think of that required the touchpad was Star Raiders.  Are there any more games that I am not aware of?

Lots! Click on the name of the controller and you will see which games work with them.

http://www.atariage.com/controller_list.ht...l?SystemID=2600

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Yep, I could add in a few more that you left out (like Warlords and Backgammon), but that would be redundant. Check the above links.

Speaking of which, anyone have a favorite paddle game? Mine was Circus Atari. It was not only fun, but the death scene when your clown missed the seesaw was priceless. :lol: