IGNORED

New Gameroom built - tons of pics!

Sylentwulf

http://www.electricquarter.com/gameroom.htm

Not sure which forum to put this in, so feel free to move if you want.

Used to be a garage long time ago (new house, we move in in april) but the previous owners added heat to this room, and built a 2 car garage.

I had to put the ceiling, walls, etc... in, and build a subfloor on sloped concrete (joy).

Just about done now, just need to re-arrange and tidy up, but that's an ongoing project for everyone, so I figured I would at least get some pics up and go from there since I haven't updated my pics in 1-2 years, heh. Lemme know what you think!!

Beautiful job, putting the consoles in the cubbyholes is a great way to hide most of the wires. I recently redid my gameroom with some shelveing for the consoles. It made a lot more room but the jungle of wires is ridiculous with 19 consoles all hooked to 1 TV, not to mention the PC/Moniter/Scanner/etc.

Re: Fade: You can get some (tinted? Ionized? Some kind of treated...) glass for 'cabinet doors' that protects the items under it from fading. Quality framing uses it for valuable documents or easy faders, like newspapers.

Of course, you'd have to add doors to your shelves, but it's an idea...

That looks great. The multi system set up you have is my favorite part.

I especially like the incredibly rare black door game that you included in your pictures. :P

Someone asked about tint--you can get cheap UV tint shield similar to what many blockbusters have in their windows that goes on like contact paper, but you're better off doing what Cassidy suggested as direct light will still pass through UV windows and the contact paper can be messy to remove if you ever want to move.

Some window companies do sell UV shielded glass specifically to protect things like rare artwork from the harmful effects of UV light, but they are very expensive.

Yeah, I noticed the door picxture, heh. I just stood in one place and spun while clicking the camera to get the whole room, so you get to see the door in one photo, and the toilet in another :)

The TV is ANCIENT - doesn't even have AV jacks. Getting a 27" this holiday season (that $90 one that's been advertised)

I do most of my gaming upstairs on my bigscreen, so this TV is more of a placeholder right now :)

It's all 12" pine from Home Depot. Each one has 7 or 8 6 foot boards. I think the boards are like $7-$10 each. Less than a hundred each including ALL materials (screws, wood, handles, backing, etc..)

If I remember right, it was around $150 for both of the system ones. I just threw the other 2 together recently without plans.