IGNORED

atari 800 DTV ? maybe some day

patarik

afaik the atari 10-in-1 and others had the old games rewritten for different hardware. only the NES and the C64 stick have compatible hardware inside.

I heard the Sega Genesis "stick" is also compatible, and didn't require rewrites. I couldn't find any good tech info on it though...

I think that the Atari-800 joystick game is a pipe dream. When regular folk think of Atari, they think of a keyboardless wood-grain box that plays a bad flickery version of Pac-Man.

I think it could become a commercial success if we include the 10 very best games for the ATARI 800 and that means:

M.U.L.E.

With M.U.L.E. alone such a device would sell, because it's one of the great all time classics.But it should be possible to "link" 4 Joysticks to play together with friends.

Ballblazer

Rescue on Fractalus

The Eidolon

Koronis Rift

The 4 classics are far better on the 800 than on any other system.

Dropzone

International Karate

Archer Mc Lean's games are technically great and the gameplay is fantastic, too.

Montezuma's Revenge

Archon

and don't forget

Boulder Dash

The ATARI version of Boulder Dash is the best and many people like

this game.I'd include all Boulder Dash versions and the construction kit plus some RAM to store screens.

Many of the different 10-in-1 joysticks or whatever contain some mediocre games and I think that with quality games and a multiplayer - link - option an ATARI stick could be successful.

Thimo