IGNORED

Joysticks

DominiRican05

A while back I ordered a pair of used Joysticks from 4Jays and although in hindsight I should've returned them, I noticed than the rubber bottoms were all melted out and every time I play my palms get all black. I'm hoping to invest in some better joysticks soon but I had a few questions. Is this a problem that afflicts all used joysticks? Is there any way to prevent this from occurring? What is the best place online to get good quality joysticks? Is it worth it to plunk down the big bucks for brand new ones?

Thanks!

Domini, I've never had this happen before, but I do have a few easy suggestions to keep the black rubber from getting on your hands.

1. Use your feet.

2. Disassemble your joystick and use your fingernails to click on the silver domes.

3. Try large yellow dishwashing gloves.

4. Get medical advice on why your hands are as hot as molten lava.

Fire%2520hand.jpg

:P

Happy Thanksgiving![/img]

Or you could perform weird, radioactive experiments on yourself to try to develop mutant superpowers that allow you to fight the forces of evil and joystick decay :D

One thing you can do actually, is get one of those little sticker pads that come with most 'assemble yourself' bookshelves, desks etc. They are often the same size as the little rubber pads, and you could just swap them out. The other thing you might try is using a little 303 protectant spray (the car-care stuff, black bottle) on them. My secondary car has rubber seals that bleed like that, but if you use that stuff on them, it stops it. Dunno. Give it a shot.