IGNORED

No longer have the tv/game switchbox...

scooch74

Recently my parents discovered our old Atari 2600 in the attic, something I was certain had been given away decades ago. It has the power supply and some joysticks and lots of games, but it no longer has the tv/game switchbox. How do I go about hooking it up to see if I remember how to play anymore? It just has the cable coming out of the console with the RCA type plug and nothing else. Any advice on how I could hook this blast from the past up would be much appreciated!

Rather than replacing your missing TV/Game Switchbox, I highly recommend using a Coaxial F-Type to RCA adapter. We sell them in our online store, but you can also find them locally at stores such as Radio Shack. In my experience, this adapter gives you a much better picture than you'll get through a switchbox, and is a little easier to deal with. :)

Also, we have a page that details different ways to hook up classic game systems to modern equipment:

How to Connect Your Old Videogame System

..Al