IGNORED

Ultraspeed, APE 3X SIO drivers

Shawn Jefferson

How do the ultraspeed SIO drivers and APE 3X SIO drivers interact with the operating system (how do they hook into the SIO routine typically?)

I am writing some utility software and I want to utilize fast SIO transfers via APE. My program does a jsr SIOV to read data. Is there something else I need to do?

I have no clue how these SIO patches work... I haven't had much luck in tracking down some source code either.

You can (and should) just use the regular SIO entry point.  That way if a patch is applied, like a custom OS or a OS patch, your software will always work with it.

That regular SIO entry point is $E459? Is there anything else I need to do special in the DCB, or elsewhere to get this highspeed SIO to work? I have been getting reports that high speed sio doesn't work properly with my program...

There may be some other issues though, and I haven't been able to test it properly. I need to buy your 32-in-1 OS upgrade!

You can (and should) just use the regular SIO entry point.  That way if a patch is applied, like a custom OS or a OS patch, your software will always work with it.

That regular SIO entry point is $E459? Is there anything else I need to do special in the DCB, or elsewhere to get this highspeed SIO to work? I have been getting reports that high speed sio doesn't work properly with my program...

There may be some other issues though, and I haven't been able to test it properly. I need to buy your 32-in-1 OS upgrade!

Yes $E459 is the correct vector. If the OS is already patched for high speed you dont need to do anything special.

Avoid using ram in the $100-$10F area as well (top of the stack).

If it works with disk images send me a copy and I will try it with the latest upgrade.

Steve

Yes $E459 is the correct vector.  If the OS is already patched for high speed you dont need to do anything special.  

Avoid using ram in the $100-$10F area as well (top of the stack).

If it works with disk images send me a copy and I will try it with the latest upgrade.

The other issue is that this utility is the image manager for the MyIDE hardware. The MyIDE OS does its own patching of SIO, so that may interfere with a ultraspeed SIO patch perhaps?

I'll PM you a copy of the beta version 2.0 Image Manager software and you can try it out if you have the time.