IGNORED

montezuma's revenge - imagic

gospeedde

Those pirate carts are neat. Freaky, randomly named renditions of common games. I recognize the artwork used on two of the labels on the "Other Cartridges" page. The Genus scorpion one at the top is lifted right out of an ad for a VIC-20 game (Scorpion from Tronix). And the "game fingers" illustration on the fake Imagic cart near the bottom of the page was from a Suncom joystick ad.

I love Brazilian carts. I started a collection a few months back. Fun stuff in there, 'specially the multicarts. Mostly though it's a great way to get NTSC versions of games that were only released in PAL (Mr. Postman, Bobby is Going Home, Nuts & Milk, Snail vs. Squirrel, Apples & Dolls, etc.) and otherwise rare games (Friday the 13th, Condor Attack, Spider Maze, etc.) Many of the labels are amusing, too, particularly Tron labels. Only thing I find about Brazilian pirates is that it's damn near impossible to find good labels on 'em. Probably due to the way they're found nowadays -- in outdoor, makeshift markets.

thats balls. not only will we pirate your compaines games we will pirate your companies name too!

Well by faking a name they might be trying to mimic a percieved

quality that the company name has down there.

I know that amongst the bootleg music labels that circulated live

concerts in the early 90s on cds before mp3 sharing days, would often

copy a company name of a bootlegger known for better quality releases

to make their inferior releases seem more desirable. There is no

honour among thieves...