IGNORED

Problem with my 2600

cjsturch

I just recently bought a 6-switch 2600. It's been hooked up to and older tv for the past week or so and has worked perfectly. I switched it to our Sony Wega and it had no color. The color/b&w switch didn't help. I tried both channel 2 and 3 and had no color with either channel. Tried it with and without running it through the vcr on both channels to no effect. I hooked it back up to the old tv and it still worked perfectly there. On the Sony, it runs well and has sound, just no color. Any suggestions on what I can do to correct this would be appreciated.

Jerry

The video signal generated by the 2600 is not 100% corect to the NTSC/PAL specs, but it is close enough for most TVs. Also, nearly every 2600 program does double frame rate with 1/2 the vertical resolution (i.e. not interlaced). This is more likely to foul up the framing on digitial TVs as they typically de-interlace the video before displaying it. I wouldn't expect that to screw up the color, though.

When you hooked up to the VCR, was the VCR on or off? Were you using the tuner in the TV or the VCR? Your best bet would be hooked up to the VCR, VCR on, VCR set to use it's tuner (i.e. use the VCR/TV to switch the VCR's tuner rather than pass-through mode).

Hope this helps.

Pete