IGNORED

Atari 7800 & 2800 system

Draikar

why does the 2800 have 4 conrtoller ports?

The 5200 had 4 ports, don't know any games that was 4 player for that system, the 2800 that was a 2600 never had 4 player games that I know of so I guess it's more for looks ? Or MAYBE there was some games that would have 4 player mode but the system failed before a 4 player game was made ? Atari seemed to think ahead but never stayed the path, they just made new system. This Is just my guess !

With a little work would the 7800 guts work inside of the 2800 case? I would be on top of that myself if I had a 2800 to butcher :D I think I would cut the top of the case of the 7800 where the plastic meets the metal to get the bottom part to attach to the top portion of the 2800 case so the pause and power would work and then go from there wuth getting rid of the extra posts and such. Just an idea on how to MOD (ruin some might say) a couple of work atari's ;)

If you take the metal label plate off the 7800 you could probably replace it with something that looks similar to that. Not sure exactly why you would want to though.

Mitch

He wants to make a 7800 system with the 2800 lights and top switches but with the pause & power like the 7800 has. Take the best of the two systems to make one great system.

Tele-games SYSTEM 2 is just like the 2800 but more easy to find.

One question about the 2800:

Are the yellow-marked things in the attached pic switches? and for what?

Mike

Yes, one is for channel A or B and other is for BW or COLOR.

The power switch is on the front next to the ports and is much better then the 7800 power switch or 2600 Jr.