IGNORED

I finally finished it

gospeedde

I knit sweaters and I have run out of friends to give them to so now I'm just playing around with patterns. This is an HSW commemorative sweater, with nods to all his games but A-Team. I even put an easter egg on the sleeves.

I would like someone from this site to have it, but I haven't decided yet how to choose who gets it (assuming that more than one of you is actually interested). Anyway, let me know what you think. Just don't say the joystick's too small, that's a known error.

post-4610-1102848094_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1102848095_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1102848096_thumb.jpg

I don't really sell my sweaters because it takes me 40-50 hours to make one (not counting however long it takes to come up with the pattern) and 15-20 dollars in yarn. It wouldn't be worth it to sell them, plus I'd feel wrong charging for them. A contest is a good idea, though. I'll try to come up with something clever.

Measurements: Neck to wrist = 31 inches, Shoulder to waist = 24 inches, Body = 52 inches around, Neck = 24 inches around

@z28 Your wife is my new favorite person.

@z28 Your wife is my new favorite person

Woo hoo and I even got that in writing! :P :wink:

My Grandfather's wife knits and as a kid I would love to sit by her and watch. I also got a lot of sweaters and picked colors myself,lol. Sadly, Never picked up on it but was always amazed at the complexity of the stuff. I can do cross stitch and do other crafts though and enjoy it very much.

I am especially impressed at your sweater for a few reasons - the clarity of the letters,the tightness of the stitches, the fact that doing things on a diagonal, corners and round shapes are a real bugger and the authenticity of the charecters. It's reall a piece of Artwork, IMHO. :thumbsup:

And one of my first thoughts was "Oh $#!+ thats friggin awesome!" :D

I think the charity auction is a good idea, I just have to figure out how to set it up. I'll let everybody know when I've got it worked out.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm feeling all insecure about this sweater for some reason.

By the way, did you notice the "secret" message on the sleeves or was I too tricky for my own good? My friends all got it, but they know to look for such things in my sweaters by now.

By the way, did you notice the "secret" message on the sleeves or was I too tricky for my own good?  My friends all got it, but they know to look for such things in my sweaters by now.

Is it the up-side down fuji logo on each arm?

That's what I was wondering as well. Very cool sweater!

..Al