IGNORED

Worst 2600 game I have and what is the worst ever?

bergbros

• 4 years later...

I was just thinking about the fact that the 2600 had the biggest game cart library,quite true,but,at least a third of those were the dumbest ,just rushed out,jump on the BANDWAGON travestys that shouldnt have even been put out in the 1st place.I would say FINAL APPROACH ,by APOLLO GAMES,was quite crappy.One thing I learned is,is not to judge games by the graphics,Ive seen games with the crappiest graphics,but the gameplay was phenomenol!.BUT,FINAL APPROACH had both crappy graphics and gameplay,in my opinion!

Edited by Rik

Ultravision was full of morons if they thought that would have been a hit, but then, Froggo had more morons, since they actually re-released it.

I wonder what's the largest number of titles a company has programmed and released without managing a single halfway-playable game. Starfox is halfway playable (barely), so Mythicon gets a pass. Cathouse Blues is halfway playable, so Playaround gets one. Ultravision has done two games, neither of which I'd consider playable; have any companies done more?

I'd have to say the worst game in my collection is Basic Programming, because it's not really a game, and it doesn't even succeed at what it's intended to be. It's just pointless.

As far as the worst 2600 game of all, it's a tough call, but I'd have to say Karate. An utter disaster.

I'd have to say the worst game in my collection is Basic Programming, because it's not really a game, and it doesn't even succeed at what it's intended to be. It's just pointless.

Heh. I for one will stick up for Basic Programming. True, the 64-byte limit severely curtails its usefulness, but it offered Codeview-style debugging long before anything else on any microprocessor platform I know of. I do think it would have benefitted enormously from a SARA chip, but it hadn't been invented yet. Despite the limitations, I think it demonstrates more than any other cartridge that the 2600 really is a Video Computer System.

As far as the worst 2600 game of all, it's a tough call, but I'd have to say Karate. An utter disaster.

Not really much to recommend that game that I can see. Can't even maintain a correct scan-line count.

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

<STRONG>To pick the worst Atari 2600 game out is not an easy thing to do. There are a lot of games that suck like ghost busters, Pac-Man, all the games made by Froggo, and all the Adult games made my mystique. Other people will say that they like some of the games that I don't, so it's always going to change.

</STRONG><HR>

I don't agree that Ghostbusters sucks. That is one of my favorite games. Maybe the second one does, but not the first.

Probably the reason why the second one never made it to the United States.

Hmm...I somehow missed this nearly five-year-old thread...

IMHO, the worst game for Atari 2600 isn't Pac-Man. (Check my blog for my thoughts on that.) While I hate E.T., at least it's interesting.

But the worst game I ever, EVER played....one that I aboslutely CANNOT STAND and wish I had never gotten it for Christmas....COSMIC ARK. Kind of a boring game, and the collision detection during the asteroid/meteor screens is awful. Just horrible.

Ok, I'll be the first one to stick up for Space Jockey. Granted, on the default game variation, things get boring pretty quicky. But try playing variations 13-16 with both difficulties set to "A." Challenging, but still fun.

No doubt, Space Jockey on level 15 is fun. Luckily we have Air Raid, which forces you to die eventually. I usually play Space Jockey until I just get worn out and turn it off. Air Raid on level 7, Difficulty A/A and I'm dead in a few minutes. I love it! :lust:

My current least favorate game is Fire Fly. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but it doesn't seem very comfortable with itself. Like it always wants to turn itself off and pretend like it's something else. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it too deeply.

Worst game i have in my collection so far is ......SharkAttack!Man,was i ever disapointed in this one.I was thinking it would be cool like a good Pac-Man type game but the controls are the worst.No fun at all.But,picking the worst ever is tough theres a lot of stinkers out there.I here tell that Karate is pretty much crap and you always here people saying E.T. and Pac-Man are pretty bad too.I like Pac-Man and i wouldnt say E.T. is the worst game as its more of a dissapointment like Pac-Man was to most everyone.Also i like Space Jockey for some strange reason but i dont go and play it hours on end either.One man's worst game is a other man's favorite game.

Ok, I'll be the first one to stick up for Space Jockey. Granted, on the default game variation, things get boring pretty quicky. But try playing variations 13-16 with both difficulties set to "A." Challenging, but still fun.

No doubt, Space Jockey on level 15 is fun. Luckily we have Air Raid, which forces you to die eventually. I usually play Space Jockey until I just get worn out and turn it off. Air Raid on level 7, Difficulty A/A and I'm dead in a few minutes. I love it! :lust:

Seriously?