IGNORED

FS: hard-to-find 7800 games: IkariWarriors,DoubleDragon&

Gunstar

posting ebay auctions in multiple forums (i.e. spamming) is bad enough, but none of those auctions even have pictures.  

lame.

Well I am SOOO SORRY! :roll: I happen to be in a bad way financially and need maximum exposure and I sorry if I don't have a digital camer to take pictures. What would you have me do?!? If someone MUST see a picture, I do have a camera on my cellphone, but it can only send pictures to people with like cellphones, as far as I know. :sad: My E-bay and AA reputation for honesty in sales should be enough. So get off my back! :x

I'd love to be able to have pictures for my auctions, I know it's important to many people and reduces my bids, but there's nothing I can do about it, if I had the money to buy a new digital camera, I wouldn't be selling my stuff! :sad:

Cry me a river.

I've seen people get ripped off, or nearly ripped off on ebay a million times.

Just last week I won a bid on an Atari 7800, but the guy selling it got cold feet when I asked him why the Fedex tracking number he gave me didn't show up in the system for 5 days. Thankfully he refunded my paypal. I assumed he simply needed a small loan for a few days.

Yes, we've all seen pictures of atari carts. But we can also tell the difference if it's one you posted, or one you stole from an Atari website. Not having one leads people to believe that you don't really have the products.

and your reputation is 98%, not 100%. and almost all of your reps are for buying things from other people, and not for selling things.

Cry me a river.  

Just last week I won a bid on an Atari 7800, but the guy selling it got cold feet when I asked him why the Fedex tracking number he gave me didn't show up in the system for 5 days. Thankfully he refunded my paypal. I assumed he simply needed a small loan for a few days.  

Yes, we've all seen pictures of atari carts. But we can also tell the difference if it's one you posted, or one you stole from an Atari website. Not having one leads people to believe that you don't really have the products.  

and your reputation is 98%, not 100%. and almost all of your reps are for buying things from other people, and not for selling things.

@Gunstar: I suggest you ignore this newbie. ;)

@Gunstar: I suggest you ignore this newbie.  ;)

Been registered here since February. Been lurking for years. Hardly a newbie.

As far as ignoring me, fine. Gunstar's ebay's may well be 100% legitimate. That's fine. But anyone who posts their ebay auctions in multiple threads and multiple forums, and claims desperation for cash is usually someone to avoid.

I hope your sales go well gunstar.

Been lurking for years.

And I've been on the internet since 1978. :ponder:

You have no idea how a comment like yours feels when you are forced to sell precious items of your collection to get by. :roll:

I don't?

I'm glad you know me better than I know myself. What on earth was I thinking.

take them (the carts) to a color copy place and color copy them then find a place that will digitize a coppied file to disk or e-mail, then have pictures.

It will take two papers, one on-end, one sticker face...

Also appologise for the quality if applicable and list the carts received are the ones pictured.

Cry me a river.  

@Gunstar: I suggest you ignore this newbie. ;)

I'm going to, he's obviously a jerk. but my reputation is higher than 98% and there's just no pleasing everyone, anyway, the 2 bad marks were from 1 guy, and I have no idea what happened in the situation, I'd never bid on the auction, it was some kind of E-bay error or something, or else someone else got into my account. My rating should be 100%. It is for items I sold, which there are quite a few of...but I'm done explaining myself. Danno is already on my ignore list now.

take them (the carts) to a color copy place and color copy them then find a place that will digitize a coppied file to disk or e-mail, then have pictures.

It will take two papers, one on-end, one sticker face...

Also appologise for the quality if applicable and list the carts received are the ones pictured.

I would do something like this or find some other way IF it were something selling for a lot more money. It's hardly worth the time and effort for carts starting at $15. The gas and time exhausted, as well a paying for all this stuff you suggest would probably be as much as what I'm trying to get for the carts!

probally right, I didn't even look at the auctions cuz I don't e-bay, I'd love it if people offered a sneak peak in the Marketplace/Acution central for things... "I'm staring/concidering an acution on these (description) on the (date), link comming soon...the staring bid is (price) and the shipping conditions are (conditions) shipping price for AA or DP members in goodstanding is (price for "my country"/price for "not my country").

Then a reply to that post would indicate on board intrest then e-bay can choak on thier fees and rules if the offers on board are good enough.

I post at plenty of other message boards, and I know tons of forum trolls who have thousands of posts to their credit. Longevity and/or a high post count really means nothing on the internet, other than persistence. I'm not saying Gunstar is a troll, because he's not. I'm just making a point.

If Gunstar's ok in everyone here's book, then fine, I was wrong. But I wasn't looking at his post count when I read his posts. I was looking at the fact that he was posting his auction all over the AA forums, so when I clicked on the links to ebay, I expected to see great pictures and a detailed description indicating the condition of his "collectors items" 7800 games. There weren't any there. That threw up a red flag in my book.

Maybe it's also because I just got hosed on Ebay by a guy who advertised a 7800 system, but wasn't really planning on selling anything, and just wanted a temporary cash loan. Kinda makes your trigger finger a little itchy.

Like I said - Gunstar I hope your sales go well. For what it's worth - I apologize.

I post at plenty of other message boards, and I know tons of forum trolls who have thousands of posts to their credit. Longevity and/or a high post count really means nothing on the internet, other than persistence. I'm not saying Gunstar is a troll, because he's not. I'm just making a point.  

If Gunstar's ok in everyone here's book, then fine, I was wrong. But I wasn't looking at his post count when I read his posts. I was looking at the fact that he was posting his auction all over the AA forums, so when I clicked on the links to ebay, I expected to see great pictures and a detailed description indicating the condition of his "collectors items" 7800 games. There weren't any there. That threw up a red flag in my book.  

Maybe it's also because I just got hosed on Ebay by a guy who advertised a 7800 system, but wasn't really planning on selling anything, and just wanted a temporary cash loan. Kinda makes your trigger finger a little itchy.  

Like I said - Gunstar I hope your sales go well. For what it's worth - I apologize.

I did put you on my ignore list, but my curiosity to your latest post got the better of me. I'm glad it did and I accept your apology, your no longer on my ignore list (nobody is actually now). But, you obviously aren't paying close attention to ANYTHING, as stated, I'm a LOOONG time, credible member of this forum and others, and even though I don't have pictures on my autctions, I DO have descriptions of their condition; good, very good, MINT, NIB, etc. I also state if they have boxes or not and everything. So please read things more closely a be aware of people's standings before making comments in the future. Also, you can see a few good, very recent comments from current auctions (ones with no pictures) in my feedback section on E-bay.

Oh yeah, and I'd HARDLY consider ONE post in the 7800 forum and a couple in the Jaguar forum MERELY POINTING people to my auction listings in the markeplace and auction central forums, WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE, as "spamming" I only state if someone is interested in items to check out the link, NO SELLING is taking place on these forums! I did this becuase I know that when I visit AA, I hardly ever check out EVERY forum and generally only go to a couple of the forums, I assume other people might do the same thing, so I wanted to make sure peopl who might be interested in my auctions, and don't always look in the auction and marketplace forums were aware of my listings there; I'm just trying to cover all my bases, I need exposure.

Gunstar wrote:

you obviously aren't paying close attention to ANYTHING

which was my point exactly. I take every step to ensure whether someone's legit- by history, posts, feedback, item description, grammar, etc. If you take a look back at (some of) Gunstar's posts you'll see he knows what he's doing/talking about.

Danno- I think you WERE influenced by your auction gone sour, that's no reason to come charging in & start accusing/chastizing an established veteran, especially w/ that attitude. Watch where you step next time.

JFTR, I dont (never have) include pic(s) w/ my auction(s) & have a 100% feedback rating for buying AND selling. It's a minimal (yet still extra) fee for pix,- Gunstar's trying to MAKE cash in this case, not spend it.

OK, I'm done.