IGNORED

WANTED: Atari 5200 Bounty Bob

8bitdomain

Yes, it is there too, but I didn't know how often people in this forum checked the marketplace forum.

The Marketplace gets more hits than the 5200 forum, but you have me curious. I was wondering what it is you are working on? If you don't want to post a response publicly, feel free to PM me. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Yes, it is there too, but I didn't know how often people in this forum checked the marketplace forum.

The Marketplace gets more hits than the 5200 forum, but you have me curious. I was wondering what it is you are working on? If you don't want to post a response publicly, feel free to PM me. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I'm itching to know as well! I'd consider lending mine, but since 8bit is new (well, been here a year but still new based on posts) I'd be too skeptical.

I'm itching to know as well! I'd consider lending mine, but since 8bit is new (well,  been here a year but still new based on posts) I'd be too skeptical.

I think he's the same guy who does the AV mod kits for the 5200.

That would be correct. :)

A Programmable Multicart

*flash based

*up to 256 games

*built in manuals for all games

*serial port (usb option)

*supports bounty bob

*high score

*User Downloadable games

*Advanced Menu

* many more features not listed at this time

COOL! What kind of timeframe are we talking about here? Also, any prelim idea of price?

do you just need BBSB to compare the game play to the original or something? that the deal? :ponder:  

Trying to figure out what you need the actual cart for since the ROMS are readily avail.

:ponder:

Good point actually. :? Even if he just needs to know how the bankswitching works, all you'd have to do is look at the source code of the emulator. :ponder:

I have verified the bank switching in hardware and verified that the checksums are all correct on the binaries. BUT there are some things

which are particular to the bank switching that can only be verified

with an origional cart. Perhaps this is why no one else has done BBSB

on a multicart.

I have verified the bank switching in hardware and verified that the checksums are all correct on the binaries. BUT there are some things

which are particular to the bank switching that can only be verified

with an origional cart. Perhaps this is why no one else has done BBSB

on a multicart.

You do know that the cart doesn't contain bankswitching hardware, right? The cart contains 2 16K bankswitched Atari 2600 mask ROM's and one 8K mask ROM.

You do know that the cart doesn't contain bankswitching hardware, right? The cart contains 2 16K bankswitched Atari 2600 mask ROM's and one 8K mask ROM.

Okay, that's just twisted. That's the strangest way I can think of to do bank switching in a 5200 cart.

Since that means it's only got a 16K footprint, did they use the same method for the 800/XE cart?

Okay, that's just twisted. That's the strangest way I can think of to do bank switching in a 5200 cart.

Since that means it's only got a 16K footprint, did they use the same method for the 800/XE cart?

I believe it was originally an 800/XE cart that was ported to the 5200. Hence the 16K footprint instead of the 5200s 32K one.

Mitch