IGNORED

Mystery WICO

sku_u

Hey all, I have a mystery WICO.  It's identical in appearance to the 5200 WICO except the pinout is wired for PC and the color of the body is white instead of red.  Is this an uncommon WICO?  Could I easily swap out the wire with one from a red WICO?

Most likely, it will require soldering though. :)

Hey all, I have a mystery WICO.  It's identical in appearance to the 5200 WICO except the pinout is wired for PC and the color of the body is white instead of red.  Is this an uncommon WICO?  Could I easily swap out the wire with one from a red WICO?

That's alright. I got an early Christmas gift: a temperature regulated solder station. :D

That's alright. I got an early Christmas gift: a temperature regulated solder station. :D

Hakko ? :D

Me too!

Allan

Me too!

Allan

Awesome...I saw a bunch of crappy VCS and NES games in a Thrift the other day. I might pick some up to destro...er I mean practice on. Whenever you get a chance to come my way for that other thing, maybe we could both get some practice in. :thumbsup: :grin:

Me too!

Allan

Awesome...I saw a bunch of crappy VCS and NES games in a Thrift the other day. I might pick some up to destro...er I mean practice on. Whenever you get a chance to come my way for that other thing, maybe we could both get some practice in. :thumbsup: :grin:

Definetly!

Allan

I have one of those, I think there are 2 funky resistors in there that you may have to remove as well. I know the 5200 WICO doesn't have those resistors soldered to the pot contacts like this one does.