IGNORED

Atari 2600 Christmas memories

Cassidy Nolen

Forgive me for doing this, but I loved the pics last year, and wanted to share one of my own.

I got my Atari for Christmas of 82, and I do not have a picture of that. I did find an old Polaroid of 83 Christmas, and I would like to share. I know the Donkey Kong Jr. and Freeway carts were things I already had, but the little plastic case was new. Cant recall about the joystick/grabber ball.

Also including a goofy pic of me from 81 Christmas (only child and VERY into Star Wars!).

Happy Holidays Gang. Hope you all have a great one.

Cassidy

post-571-1103927778_thumb.jpg

post-571-1103927779_thumb.jpg

Here's a few I dug out. I couldn't find any good ones of the Atari, but you can see it in the picture with the huge GIJoe ship, with my brother & I in ninja jamas. :lol: This was Xmas '86 and that was a 5200. A little past it's life, wasn't long after Xmas my parents were picking up clearanced out games for it. Also found a couple others one from Xmas '85 I think me & my bro again tearing into some sort of Transformers tape player, and one from Xmas '88 when we got our NES.

post-43-1103943436_thumb.jpg

post-43-1103943437_thumb.jpg

post-43-1103943438_thumb.jpg

No photos to hand but I think my parents still have a photo of me somewhere from a Christmas when I was about 5 or 6. I was wearing a cowboy hat and was riding a rocking horse I'd been given. Still have it - or at least, sister has it and won't give it back. :x

As for 2600, I remember the day I got Berzerk. Cost around £35 from Woolworths in Holyhead, which was about a third of my dad's weekly wage as a motor mechanic (which he still is ... at the same garage. :o) It was a couple of days before Christmas in '82. 13 yrs old and excited as hell to know I was getting an Atari VCS. Opened the Berzerk box to peep inside it before I got it home.

Still got the cart somewhere but, alas, doesn't work anymore.

Just wanted to say that the "back in the day" pics are my ABSOLUTE favorite thing about this forum. I pour over all the details: the clothes, the carpet, the furniture. It all really makes me feel like a kid again.

Don't mean to double-post here, but although they're not Atari-related, I got some good old-time pics this weekend from my Dad. Here's the quote/link from part of my post to the "My crazy retro Christmas!" thread:

"I had told my Dad about how people on AA were posting old pictures of themselves playing Atari back in the day and he actually spent 2 days going through slides trying to find some for me! Although he couldn't find any, he's convinced that he can still come up with some. In the mean time, he came up with a bunch of pictures from our days in Indian Guides and spent the time to convert the slides to digital pics. If anyone is interested in seeing them, I've uploaded them at the link below; there are some freaky '70s dads and some really cool sneakers:"

http://www.sillybirdrecords.com/kamera/guides/

@Cassidy: Cool! I still have my AT-AT that I got one Christmas( '86 I think ) Mine had the ROTJ logo on the box, I think. I have it stored in my closet, though I don't know if it'd be worth much on E-bay, as Al suggested, because it has one leg broken, and it was well-played with. I loved my Star Wars stuff back then! :)

Ironically, I don't remember ever getting Atari stuff for Christmas. :ponder:

I have to say, my AT-AT is still with me. Some how I think it means more to me now than it did then, and that is saying something....

Thought I would throw some pics of this Christmas in, too. Funny, I think the gifts this year were, well, identical to what I wanted 20+ years ago. My wife Nicole really knows what to go for as gifts. I have been blessed :) Great job on the Land Speeder, too!

I love those retro shots, guys. Great Ninja PJ's and the carts for the kids (one each=brilliant entertainment for the group!). I will see if I can dig a few more up. I have some of me in Cub Scouts, not sure about more Atari!

Cassidy

post-571-1104370588_thumb.jpg

post-571-1104370589_thumb.jpg

post-571-1104370590_thumb.jpg