IGNORED

7800 Joystick Vs. Control Pad

Draikar

What do you think is better for the 7800 SYSTEM ?

That 7800 pro system Joystick or that 7800 controller pad that kinda looks like a Nintendo controller ?

I never tested the Joystick but had one without a system and it did not felt "natural", I have now and tested the 7800 controller pad and it feels good but seems slow at times ( But I think that's just me ? )..

I personally prefer the Pro-Line Joysticks. I know some people here don't like them, but I think they're generally pretty good controllers. The only problem I have is that they get a bit flaky over the years--three of my four Pro-Lines (including the two that originally came with my system) don't work properly anymore, and the fourth has a stick that feels a bit loose after years and years of wear.

I got a pair of the 7800 joypads from an eBay auction a few years ago. They're small, and fairly comfortable with the thumbstick, but they don't seem as precise. Some joypads (on other systems) have a problem where diagonal directions are hard to hit. The 7800 joypads seem to suffer the opposite problem, where the diagonals are too easy to hit when you're just trying to go horizontal or vertical. Also, if I use it without the screw-in thumbstick, then it gets uncomfortable after a few minutes because of the hole in the center of the joypad.

Sorry to be a little OT, but what other controllers are useful on the 7800? I know 2600 controllers are fine for any game that doesn't need more than one button, but are there any two or more button controllers that work without modding aside from Atari's own? I've heard something about Sega Master system joypads working, but haven't seen confirmation on it.

...and Merry Christmas. :)

Sorry to be a little OT, but what other controllers are useful on the 7800? I know 2600 controllers are fine for any game that doesn't need more than one button, but are there any two or more button controllers that work without modding aside from Atari's own? I've heard something about Sega Master system joypads working, but haven't seen confirmation on it.

...and Merry Christmas. :)

7800 pro system Joystick AND 7800 controller pad are from and made by Atari 7800....

I have an extra modified nes controller that works on the 7800 (both buttons) for sale if anyone is interested. It has near new rubber buttons on the inside of it and I can gurantee it to work well for a long time. You can see pics, and the price Here. The one I am selling now does all the same things I state in that thread. :)

And of course this is also what I use on my 7800 :D