IGNORED

..and so I had my own Christmas "miracle" lol

Mock

Well guys...off and on for the past two years that I have been posting here I have detailed my quest to find my Wizard of Wor - "Warrior" medal...and I have searched over my garage high and low for two years trying to find it....well yesterday on Christmas day while I was looking for something else, I opened a small box in my garage and there it was :love: ...in all it's glory...lol...so now the search is over and my long lost medal is now found.

I also found a Realsports sticker and one of those little things you can flip up and down and it changes the picture that says "ask me about" then you flip it and it says "the atari 5200" and it also has a pic of a centipede in there as well....kinda cool. Found a couple of other Atari things I'll scan and post a pic tomorrow.

I was just happy I finally found my Wizzard Medal...had to share...lol.

Hey, hey... I asked about it first, no fair. :-)

That's a cool medal, though a higher res scan would be great. I didn't even know CBS had their own "patch" for that game. Is that metal (pewter?) or plastic?

That 5200 pin would be cool, too. Having formerly worked at Future Shop (now owned by Best Buy) I collected all kinds of promo stuff like that. Most of it was very boring, though.

it's pewter and it's pretty well done...it is sort of heavy for it's size which is cool....i'll have scans tomorrow...my mom was sick today so i had to go visit her and I didn't have time to get it done in the office...so...have to wait another day...I don't know how well that little 3d motion flicky thingy will scan, but I'll try...

here is the pic of the scan...sorry it took so long...been hectic the past couple of days here.

Atari.jpg

The top is that flippy thingy I was talking about that says "Ask me about the Atari 5200"...seems to be a sticker...and a sticker to the right I think I got in a Zork disc for Apple back in the day...says "I Porgram with Gortek"..then the Wizard Of Wor medal and a Realsports sticker...

I have a Centipede pin somewhere to that says "Atari 5200 Super System" that I can't seem to find...saw it the other day in the mess but I can't remember where.

I remember Gortek and the Microchips. I'm sure they made them for other systems, but the one I had was on 2 cassettes for the Commodore Vic-20! It had educational stuff like typing tutors, etc. I remember one game that was like Space Invaders but instead of aliens, it had Letters and you had to type them to blow them up.

Rod