IGNORED

Demon Attack

chubsta

I have loved video games since my dad brought home our first pong, but there hasnt been a game that has held my attention like Demon Attack by Imagic. My brother bought it when it first came out, and i played it to death then. Even now, whenever i load an emulator to have a quick play I will always have a few goes on my old favourite - i have never got bored of it!

Of course, i can play it so well that it just goes on forever, but that doesnt matter, its almost hypnotic the way the fighters go from side to side, with the best sound and graphics i ever saw on a VCS game.

I hope whoever programmed it knows what a classic they made.......

I know this may sound crazy, but has anyone ever noticed how the different levels in Demon Attack seem to be making the sounds of different words? Some even seemed pretty suggestive and made me think that this game might not be suitable for small children.

Does the Intellivision version also "talk dirty" like this?

I know this may sound crazy, but has anyone ever noticed how the different levels in Demon Attack seem to be making the sounds of different words? Some even seemed pretty suggestive and made me think that this game might not be suitable for small children.

Hahaha! You copycat, you! :D ;)

(Check out the other Demon Attack thread. I brought this up. They make sounds like "Chug-a-lug" "Roll" "Eagle-bird" "Gobble-beat" "Suck-a-lug" "Gray Bubble" and such. Levels four and eleven sound much alike, as do five and twelve. And the Demons are the same colors in one wave as they are in their sound-alike wave. Come to think of it, levels two and nine and three and ten, respectively, sound somewhat alike too.)

Although I try to whip through a few games of all my (few compared with members here) carts as much as possible, I always plunk down for a long session with Demon Attack. For long, exciting game play, it's my number one in a top three of:

Demon Attack

Super Breakout (game 7, progressive)

Seaquest

Although I try to whip through a few games of all my (few compared with members here) carts as much as possible, I always plunk down for a long session with Demon Attack. For long, exciting game play, it's my number one in a top three of:

Demon Attack

Super Breakout (game 7, progressive)

Seaquest

If you liked seaquest, why didn't you play in the high score club last week? This week is pressure cooker. It doesn't matter of how good you are (we're not going to beat todd rogers for the life of us :P ), but its good to find games that I never played that is really good. Lock 'n chase, reactor, seaquest, and others are all now favorites of mine :)

I have loved video games since my dad brought home our first pong, but there hasnt been a game that has held my attention like Demon Attack by Imagic. My brother bought it when it first came out, and i played it to death then. Even now, whenever i load an emulator to have a quick play I will always have a few goes on my old favourite - i have never got bored of it!

Of course, i can play it so well that it just goes on forever, but that doesnt matter, its almost hypnotic the way the fighters go from side to side, with the best sound and graphics i ever saw on a VCS game.

I hope whoever programmed it knows what a classic they made.......

Since Rob Fulop does'nt seem to making a sequel anytime soon, Check out some of the Demon Attack hacks for a new twist:

Custer's Revenge 2 (by Lesser Raven)

Extinction (by neotokeo2001)

Invader X (by neotokeo2001)

Demons! (by Spk Leader)

If you liked seaquest, why didn't you play in the high score club last week?

I know, I know, I really need to start getting in on that. It's a time issue, more than anything. I don't really get to play every day and some days I only have time for a quick five-minute game. But to be honest, I figured that everyone in the world would be my scores on any game. The Seaquest High Score thread was the first High Score Contest thread I ever looked at -- and realized that I could have been somewhere in the middle. Makes me feel good!