IGNORED

Climber 5

sandmountainslim

You could have tried it out with an emulator first but yes, it is a good game. I own it too.

Be sure to play the advanced level, that is the most interesting one.

I also recommend Marble Craze and SCSIcide. Both are paddle games and you can't play those on an emulator unless you have the Stelladaptor.

Other good homebrews:

Starfire

Thrust

Thanks for the kind words about Climber 5. It's nice to know someone liked it besides me.

I played it for the first time the other day on the Activision Anthology Remix Edition.

Be sure to try the ROM in the AA database. This version and one AA sells is different than the one on the Activision Anthology Remix Edition. IMO it's acutally better. The finished version has 3 play levels instead of the 2 on the Anthology. Also this version has added features and tweaks that were suggested by people here, [stella], and the 2003 MiniGame Compo.

Yes!! I got my copy of Climber 5 in this morning and it is Awesome! Dennis Debro if you read this my hat is off to you sir, I am more than impressed, most shocking thing to me was the ability to PAUSE the game on the 2600, is this the only vcs game with that ability? if not it is the only one I have seen and that is cool as the other side of the pillow.

sms

Dennis Debro if you read this my hat is off to you sir, I am more than impressed, most shocking thing to me was the ability to PAUSE the game on the 2600, is this the only vcs game with that ability?

I'm glad you like it. Now see if you can beat StanJr's score :D

There are other 2600 games that are pausable. Thrust also has a pause feature. There are other 2600 titles that are not homebrews that have a pause feature too like Kool-Aid Man.

Yip, I think I have a good pattern worked out, I go to the second level and wait for the girders of two and three to cross then I hit the button for the first time, I usually hit it twice after that never giving the ball time to move to another level, I shall give it another go tonite after dinner, hoping to reach level 99 if I can just keep it up. Yeah I only play it on Advanced I like the sound of the falling stuff.

SMS

actually, the patterns CAN start right at Stage 4, but sometimes the ladder placement is random and that can throw you off. I originally thought the patterns didn't set in until Stage 10!!! Ha! I have identified about 6 major patterns for the location of ladders and the dropping of objects. There are some minor variants within that, but it can really be reduced to two, if you run them right!

Here's hoping you get to 99 and beyond! :) :) :)