IGNORED

Worst game that you love anyway.....

chubsta

Lets face it, the 2600 had some pretty awful games, but there are some that i just played and played, even though i knew deep down they were pretty poor, even for the time....

I wasnt so sad that i bothered with ET, but i will admit to spending hours and hours on pacman and Gorf, even though I played them regularly in the arcades and knew the home versions sucked.

Can anyone give me some more suggestions?

its funny, even now i always play pacman when i get the emulator running - the graphics are crap, as is the sound, and to be honest it bares very little resemblance to the arcade origional - so why do i play it on stallax instead of mame? it cant just be nostalgia - anyone who has eever slept with an old girlfriend will know that wears off pretty damn quick!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I know it's bad, but as a TCM fan and a general horror fan I love this game. What's not fun about chasing down innocent people with a chainsaw and sawing them into a bloody pulp? :twisted: Well the premise is fun for a game anyway. ;) Bad things about the game are how often you get stuck in the obstacles(wheelchairs, briers), how quick the gas runs out(short game), and the inability to win. Come to think of it the sound effects aren't great either, but they work okay.

Airlock

Always loved it.

Ditto, I can't understand why people don't like it.

River Patrol is good too, IMHO

Count me in as well!

Also count me in for Pac-man. I never played the arcade before, when I played it on the vcs, so I thought that was the real mazes lol.

Airlock

Always loved it.

Ditto, I can't understand why people don't like it.

A few reasons for me. The guy is stupid looking and isn't animated at all which wouldn't be such a big deal if the game was fun. You have one life and you have to be perfect or your time will run out and you are dead. No losing a life, you're just dead. It's frustrating and worse than most 'die and remember' games. A game some people might consider to be kind of similar, Infiltrate, is much better even with its sensitive controls and amateurish look. On top of all that, I spent my lawn mowing money on that game and walked 10 miles to buy it (5 miles there, 5 miles back). I wanted to like the game, but it sucks hot stinky ass.

Back on topic, although many people hate this game, I like Marauder because you see what you would see if you were there in the room. I also like that that the game is different every time you play. It's always too easy though, and that can be disappointing, but that might make it a great game for kids or adults who aren't that great at games who need the encouragement of actually winning a game.

post-13-1104560041.png

post-13-1104560042.png

Air-Sea Battle, Defender, Space War, Video Pinball, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Minature Golf/Arcade Golf, Steeplechase, Tac-Scan, Commando Raid, M.A.D, Squeeze Box, and Word Zapper are all titles I've seen a lot of bad things about on this board and others, but I love them all on the 2600.