IGNORED

Is this true?

Tickled_Pink

Just read this on an eBay auction. I always thought that it depended as much on the Console because of different timings required for PAL and NTSC systems. :?

this is ntsc but = UK buyer I offer money back if it does not work on your TV, it all depends on the TV not console and as most UK tv`s take both I can offer a full refund (other countries bare in mind this is ntsc from usa) remember I am very honest.

Just read this on an eBay auction. I always thought that it depended as much on the Console because of different timings required for PAL and NTSC systems. :?  

this is ntsc but = UK buyer I offer money back if it does not work on your TV, it all depends on the TV not console and as most UK tv`s take both I can offer a full refund (other countries bare in mind this is ntsc from usa) remember I am very honest.

I think I know the seller in question ;)

And he's pretty much correct.

Mostly, a UK 50Hz 240V PAL 2600 will play games designed for a 60Hz 110-120V NTSC 2600 without huge problems, as long as the TV will diplay 60Hz pictures. And that covers the majority of modern TVs.

I think I know the seller in question ;)

And he's pretty much correct.

Mostly, a UK 50Hz 240V PAL 2600 will play games designed for a 60Hz 110-120V NTSC 2600 without huge problems, as long as the TV will diplay 60Hz pictures. And that covers the majority of modern TVs.

Thanks for the info. Thinking about things, of course, I should realise that most modern TVs will run at 60Hz without problems since some PS2 games gives the option of running at either 50Hz or 60Hz. The only problem running them at 60Hz causes is that the display's in black & white.

If it's just a TIA issue, would it be okay therefore to play an NTSC 2600 over here? I remember my uncle working in Venezuela in the early eighties (think it was actually before I got mine in '82). He brought back an NTSC 2600 and was pissed off because the screen kept rolling on his PAL TV. So I take it that's now entirely a thing of the past?

In that case, I imagine a 5200 could be imported into the UK?