IGNORED

Shoot damn you shoot!

sega saturn x

You may have broken controllers.

In Warlords you will need to use the paddles. The paddles are notorious for becoming jittery and hard to control if they are dirty. Do a search in this forum and you will find many suggestions to clean and fix them up.

It is also possible that the controller ports are loose and need to be re-soldered. I had this problem with my old Coleco Gemini.

Good luck.

Those games are not compatible with the Sega Saturn. That might be your problem. Also:

1. System not plugged in.

2. Joystick (or paddle) plugged into wrong place or not plugged in at all.

3. TV is not turned on.

4. You are facing the wrong direction. If you don't see a TV screen, turn around.

5. Your Atari 2600 doesn't like you because you're stingy with the deodorant.

:D

I've had lots of trouble with old Atari joysticks. I think they are the most likely culprit. And as Mojo mentioned above Warlords is a paddle game, so it uses a different style controller. If you have a Genesis pad, you can use that with Combat to test out ports, assuming genesis pad works. But Combat is a joystick game, so with joysticks in place your tank should go.

Usually the paddles when dirty, still work, but make the cursor jump around on screen. In games like breakout, it sometimes jumps directly from side to side, no smooth movements. But if you are testing with the joystick you're not gonna make much of Warlords. :P Most of the Atari systems I have found have not had port problems. Most common problems are in the switches sometimes dirty, non-responsive, and sometimes loose power port on back. But controller ports are typically okay.

Those games are not compatible with the Sega Saturn. That might be your problem. Also:

1. System not plugged in.

2. Joystick (or paddle) plugged into wrong place or not plugged in at all.

3. TV is not turned on.

4. You are facing the wrong direction. If you don't see a TV screen, turn around.

5. Your Atari 2600 doesn't like you because you're stingy with the deodorant.

:D

6. You are not playing said game on said system.

7. Open your eyes if they are closed.

8. Turn TV on correct channel/input.

9. Remove head from certain "hole".

:twisted:

From what ive heard i think it my controler port because ive been using a genesis controler for combat.  But i havent tried using paddle yet so ill give that a go.

Ive never had any luck using a genesis controller in the Atari.

I've always used the Master System controllers and they work for me....