IGNORED

Heavy Sixer..

yuppicide

Only if it came with the first-year joysticks with the hex discs still attached.

Serious? Are these joysticks that rare? I asked about Atari joysticks in a post a while back and from the responses it didn't seem like there was that much special about the early ones beyond the difference in feel.

I've got a Sears heavy sixer MIB with these sticks in perfect shape that I paid like $12 for on Ebay. This was a while ago now, but would these joysticks really push a heavy sixer over $300 these days?

I've been purposely playing with some newer sticks when I use this system just because I've never personally come across another working pair, but then I don't live in a very good thrifting area. I never thought they were really all that sought-after.

Only if it came with the first-year joysticks with the hex discs still attached.

Serious? Are these joysticks that rare? I asked about Atari joysticks in a post a while back and from the responses it didn't seem like there was that much special about the early ones beyond the difference in feel.

It's not the sticks as much as it's the hex discs, IIRC.

Here's the hex discs (courtesy of another thread here):

sticksrestored.jpg

And yes, they're quite rare in this condition. One set can fetch $60+ (often more) on eBay. Sears also had their own first-year stick variants that "Sears" hex discs on the top of the boot.

A complete heavy sixer set with box, all cardboard inserts, manual, sticks with hex discs and paddles with "Atari" (instead of "Tennis") can fetch a good bit of money if it's all in good condition.