IGNORED

Rubik's Cube

SS

I realized today that the "Rubik's Cube" binary differs slightly from the "Atari Video Cube" one. I don't yet own a "Rubik's Cube" cart so I was previously unaware of this. In addition to the on-screen title (of course), "Rubik's Cube" uses a black background rather than the blue on found on "AVC". A bit easier on the eyes, if you ask me.

Anyway, attached is the BIN for "Rubik's Cube" in case anyone is interested in using it on CuttleCart, Krokodile Cart, or via emulation.

rubiks.zip

I realized today that the "Rubik's Cube" binary differs slightly from the "Atari Video Cube" one. I don't yet own a "Rubik's Cube" cart so I was previously unaware of this. In addition to the on-screen title (of course), "Rubik's Cube" uses a black background rather than the blue on found on "AVC". A bit easier on the eyes, if you ask me.

Yes they only differ in color and name.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/r.../rubikscube.htm

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/v...e/videocube.htm

Tempest

What I want to know is that, if they changed the name from Rubik's to AVC, why does Rubik's have a later copyright date?

No it went the other way (AVC to Rubik's). I believe that either they couldn't secure the rights at first, or were going to use 3D Rubik's Cube for Rubik's Cube instead but recycled AVC instead when that didn't happen.

Tempest