IGNORED

RC Stella finally comes home...

landsmarra

Hey all,

Sorry it's been so long between posts...time seems to just disappear sometimes.

A few weeks ago I finally received my complete 2700 (a nice companion piece for my 5100!) The unit is in excellent cosmetic shape but was apparently not able to be made fully functional (don't know if any are). I was told it is a radio issue where the unit loses communication with the controllers. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Looking at it in person makes you really appreciate the unit's design and one can only wonder what impact it would have had in the marketplace if the radio issue was worked out.

I have attached some pics. Please feel free to contact me with any specific questions you may have about the unit or if any techie out there has any suggestions for the radio problem.

Peace in the new year...

Steve

post-2427-1104976975_thumb.jpg

Its a very nice piece you have there! I know you are very proud to own it (as any of us would be!). Does it work with the standard carts (is the opening big enough) and can you play it with regular controllers? Hopefully, you can use it as well as enjoy it (not that you would regularly).

Having a piece like that is a big responsibility. You know that it will take on a life of its own after you. You merely happen to be its caregiver for this lifetime.

My suggestion (on a more solemn note....); make sure you address what is to happen to it after you pass away. I assume you will have it for life, and would want it cared for in the future. My Computer Space 2 player is going to the Computer History Museum (Smithsonian could not be bothered by it....seeing how Pong and Pac Man are the only pieces in its collection; dont get me started on that one!). You may want to find a similar source or one of the collecting communities (AA, DP, etc).

Cassidy

By the way, plug-in controllers work fine on the console but the radio controllers only produce sporadic activity on the console and the movements are always wrong.

Steve

Glad you finally got it, I was talking to him about this problem at CGE and he really didn't want to send it to you without fixing it. He must have given up on trying to fix it.