IGNORED

Rare Atari 2600 Boxed?

atarimind

Well it would be tough to find something like that in the wild, but you see them come up on Ebay now and again (boxed, I mean; un-boxed are a dime a dozen). The only thing that makes it worth anything at all is the box in that condition.

I've seen 'em go for around $40-$50 on Ebay looking like that. I wouldn't say it's rare (I mean, it's no 2800), but it's not that common with a box like that.

"Rare" is a word that gets thrown around too easily these days... probably not around here, but definitely elsewhere on the net and in real life.

It is more rare than most of the other Atari 2600 systems you will see on Ebay, I have one my self. If you want to see this system and most of the other Atari 2600 systems & Controllers, you should check out the rarity guide at www.gamerzuniverse.net.

:ponder: :) ;)

Depends on where you're from.

If you're in Europe like me, I tend to get them thrown in free with the carts I buy. I have about 40 juniors, although only about 5 of them have the short rainbow (which normally comes in a big box over here, not the little one like that which usually has the long rainbow strip).

Not rare, either way, but you might get lucky on eBay if someone wants to spend their xmas money...