IGNORED

Looking for Jinkses

Propane13

Hey there,

I'm looking to pick up a slew (I think a slew is 2/5 of a wheelbarrow) of Jinks cartridges. Hopefully, I can get 5-10 copies for pretty cheap. Now, I know they're only worth a coupla bucks, but some sites are charging a bit more than that.

Any idea where I could get them at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

-John K. Harvey

Mr. Harvey...

Is there some homebrew coming out that we aren't aware of?

Cause many 7800 games have different cartridge lay outs. In fact you can check Dan Boris's site where I think he has found the differences between most of the 7800 carts.

Several wheelbarrow copies of Jinks aren't going to give you a better understanding of 7800 carts other than the layout used for Jinks and games of its like.

The layout of the Jinks board (as well as Tower Toppler, Impossible Mission, Summer Games and Winter Games) is what Graham Percy used to base his new RAM-cart designs on, because these games already come with some onboard RAM. Maybe John is only trying to find the best setup to play most of his ROM images on a real 7800.

I think Oshea's still has some copies of some of these games. But they charge $5 per copy now, which might already be more than your limit. And I think Mitch found a different board type in some NTSC carts with onboard RAM. These boards are more difficult to modify according to Graham.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

Is there some homebrew coming out that we aren't aware of?

Nope. If there were a secret homebrew, I'd be more careful than to post such a leading question here.

Now then, if I had asked for over 100 Jinks carts, then I'd be concerned

Actually, originally, I was just looking to make a few 128K EPROM carts: One for Sentinel, one for Klax, and one for Impossible mission (would like to put the PAL binary on a cart to try it out with my hacked-BIOS system). So, since that's a total of 3 different ROMs, I figured a few backups would be nice, since I'm not very HW savvy.

Granted, I can now get Klax and Sentinel made for me via ResQSoft, but it may be fun to make a few on my own later.

A lot of people don't really "get" Jinks, including me. The action gets more difficult with each wave, but there isn't really an ending. And what's up with the speech at the beginning? "Falcon-- you can't catch me... yo!"??? So, that's why I feel he's a guttable candidate.

-John K. Harvey

for some reason i thought the opening was always "welcome" not falchon but that might make more sense. but if the label depicts the game pretty accurate whats with the title screen!?

of cours ei like to use that opening to show off to people that think old atari stuff is inferiour tech.

• 5 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

After playing Jinks today after a long time...

I still like it ;p

I don't mind Jinks either. It won't win any awards, but there are worse games to be had. And anyone who can pull off speech on the 7800 gets an award from me!