IGNORED

Found a wild boxed Heavy Sixer please advise

asummers

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them! Those Atari 2600 joysticks with the hex logos are a wonderful find and the sticks themselves (especially the one on the right in the larger picture) look to be in excellent condition. I've come across tons of Atari 2600 joysticks in my time, and I've yet to encounter one that still has one of those stickers. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Was in contact with the people I got this system from today.

They found the original owners manual, warranty card, and sales receipt dated 11/29/77 !!! $149.97

as well as a letter to atari requesting a replacement Combat cartridge which was malfunctioning.

Now I think the system is complete! One of the driving controllers doesn't work properly - can anybody fix these? otherwise it's perfect. I still don't know if the rf modulator came in any sort of packaging - does anybody know?

thanks

Andy

My heavy sixer came with the PWS and the Paddles in their own plain white box. The Paddle box said Paddle on the side. The RF switch in a bubble wrap bag, IIRC.

I tossed the system box and all my cart boxes about 6 years ago, sigh, but I did have enough smarts to keep the two gatefold boxes I have Combat and Sears "Outer Space".

I just took them out and lo and behold, the glue has dried up and they are a bit more tattered looking than I oroginally remembered. :ponder: [/img]