IGNORED

Atari Age still buying Common Carts?

oleanhosting

If they are I got 67 to sell them. I have done this before but now I cannot find the link. I will accept store credit if that is possible

I wish you had gotten a hold of me! With less than 100 carts in my collection, I'm always looking for people selling common ones cheap to flesh out my own collection!

I wish you had gotten a hold of me!  With less than 100 carts in my collection, I'm always looking for people selling common ones cheap to flesh out my own collection!

That was the thinking I had when I put out a commons bin at 6 for $5 at AGE 2003. I sold quite a few commons that way.

What's amusing is that I'm more likely to want a silver label, because for demo (rather than production) carts, I want the no-spring shells. In production carts, the EPROMs get soldered down and there's no clearance problem. But I need them socketed so I can re-use the boards. With a round-pin IC socket, there's just enough clearance to fit a typical EPROM in a no-spring shell.

What's amusing is that I'm more likely to want a silver label, because for demo (rather than production) carts, I want the no-spring shells.  In production carts, the EPROMs get soldered down and there's no clearance problem.  But I need them socketed so I can re-use the boards.  With a round-pin IC socket, there's just enough clearance to fit a typical EPROM in a no-spring shell.

Hmmmm ... I'm just trying to fill out my collection because, well ... I like playing Atari :D :love: :D

For some reason, my VCS likes the spring shell carts more than the non-spring shell ones. They just seem to fit better and I can't figure out why.

I actually just got my Atari with only 5 games with it. If you have some commons you're willing to part with cheap, I would possibly pick up a few (wife allowing :) ) Just let me know what you've got, chances are the only common one I've got is Asteroids.

To think, I went from 30+ games in the day to 5. Oh well, you gotta start somewhere!