IGNORED

Blue label boxes for Ghostbustetrs & Spaceshuttle

Trade-N-Games

OK I need some help with the special boxes that the blue label Ghostbusters and Space Shuttle came in. I tried search and nothing turned up and i looked in data base and the boxes seem to be the same scan? I would like to know if they used the same box and just placed a different cart or if the box was the same but with the UPC scan on the bottom of those 2. Also I know on a few of the rerelease boxes the color was a little different.

I am trying to finish off my boxed Activison collection and dont really know what to look for.

Pictures would help me if you have them.

Thanks in advance

I do have an odd Ghostbusters box, but it's not a blue label. Neither of my Ghostbuster boxes have the barcodes on them. I've not seen a blue label cib on Ghostbusters.

Space Shuttle I believe I've seen the white label, boxed on ebay last year, it didn't look any different from what I can recall. The Space Shuttle I have has a barcode on the back of the box. Did any of the blue label boxes move a barcode from the back to bottom? I've got a few blue label boxes, & on all of mine, the original never had a barcode. So the barcode was an added deal on box bottom for these. But I would guess any game, like Space Shuttle, where it was released after the barcodes had started going into effect, would not have altered boxes.

post-43-1105490569_thumb.jpg

Actually the small box is the same size as all the other 2600 Activision games in my collection. It's the larger one that's odd. ;) It is the same size as some of the Atari 5200 Activision titles. But yeah I got it sealed, so I really don't know what's in it, but again there's nothing other than the size difference, and a few slight changes on the side Crane's name & lettering, there still is no bar code on either.

Are these the last two blue labels you need CIB? Do you have the white labels cib? All the regular releases too?

What does your GB look like?

Got the first 12 black bar releases too?

lol, you could collect Activision for years and still never have every last box.

I have the big box Ghostbusters thats the regular black cart. I am guessing that the small version is the blue label? Its only palstic open it up :o . I am not looking for the white label boxes due to the most part they were pal but for some strang reason they work on most ntsc tv's. Now if someone can prove to me a different box was made thats american for the white labels then i will continue my hunt.

To answer your question I am still working on my activision collection boxed. I have them all loose but really want them all boxed including the blue versions

I have the big box Ghostbusters thats the regular black cart. I am guessing that the small version is the blue label? Its only palstic open it up  :o . I am not looking for the white label boxes due to the most part they were pal but for some strang reason they work on most ntsc tv's. Now if someone can prove to me a different box was made thats american for the white labels then i will continue my hunt.  

To answer your question I am still working on my activision collection boxed. I have them all loose but really want them all boxed including the blue versions

Actually, there were a number of NTSC white-labels. I know of Space Shuttle and Kung-Fu Master (though my white KFM is PAL, and has a cheap-looking case to boot) and there are a few others, as well.

The larger Ghostbusters box (about the size of the Activision larger boxes for the Atari 5200) is the original release with the "no ghost" label inside. Some of these larger boxes have a bar code sticker on the bottom label, but not all.

The regular size box sometimes contains the blue label, sometimes the "no ghost" label. Ghostbusters is like many of the late style boxes (starting around 1985). About half the time when you open a shrinkwrapped box, you will find a blue label. The other half of the time, you will find the original style label on a cartridges that has the fixed prongs rather than the original style cart that has the springy prongs.

I "think" there is only one US box style for Space Shuttle. The original release with the 1983 copyright contained the cardboard overlays for the 6-switch and 4-switch plus a color manual. The later release came with the blue label, no cardboard overlays and a black/white manual. At some point, I will have to closely compare the boxed white label Space Shuttle I have to see if there are any differences.

There is an alternate Space Shuttle box found in Canada and Europe which has a small diagonal bar at the top left which is bi-lingual...something like "For / Pour Atari 2600".