IGNORED

Glacier Patrol

gospeedde

Can I still buy Glacier Patrol from Telegames like it says in the game notes on this site? If so, how do I do that? I went to their site and I can't find the game. I feel stupid asking, but my compulsion to collect is outweighing my desire to appear intelligent.

Telegames, in their infinite stupidity, have decided to stop selling games for 'classic' systems. Now they only sell stuff that they make for modern consoles. I've heard that the Telegames.uk branch might sell them, but I haven't checked out their site to see.

Yes Telegames UK still sells classic stuff, but with the weak dollar and high inernational shipping it's going to cost you much more. I broke down and got Fortress of Alcazar and Rock n Bolt for the Coleco from them. I already had Glacier Patrol, but now I'm going to be hard pressed to find all the other Telegames 2600 re-releases.

Good thing I got all my Telegames Exclusives last year. I wonder if they'll go up in price now?

Tempest

I've never been able to find one on AA or eBay to begin with before Telegames closed shop on classics.

I wish I'd known that. I just sold my extra copy because it had been sitting in my tradebin for too long.

:( I thought you said it was an empty box. I'm looking for Glacier Patrol too. Actually I'm only interested in acquiring Glacier Patrol & Universal Chaos. I believe those are the only two unique Telegames releases in NTSC. All others were rehashed M-network games.

I've never been able to find one on AA or eBay to begin with before Telegames closed shop on classics.

I wish I'd known that. I just sold my extra copy because it had been sitting in my tradebin for too long.

:( I thought you said it was an empty box. I'm looking for Glacier Patrol too. Actually I'm only interested in acquiring Glacier Patrol & Universal Chaos. I believe those are the only two unique Telegames releases in NTSC. All others were rehashed M-network games.

I forgot about that empty box. I think I still have that somewhere. :D

I also had the game extra CIB. I had it posted for trade the last few times I posted a for trade list, but didn't have any takers (1 offer of $1.00 :roll: ) so I pulled it and sold it along with most of my other rarish extras.

Are the Telegame UK games PAL?

I don't know. Pal copies can be bought new for around $15. And there are a number of Telegames that are pal, and will roll on ntsc sets, so I didn't want to buy a pal listed game to try. In fact some of the games in the database here are still not correct for PAL vs NTSC. Tony posted about these awhile back here. Still I've yet to see anyone post having an NTSC Night Stalker. :? And some of the games listed as NTSC are not listed as NTSC by Digital Press either. :?

Shoot! Telegames closed shop? I still needed to get a few games from them. I was confused about the whole NTSC/PAL issue with their releases. I have Glacier Patrol, but I didn't know what other unique NTSC games they had. I guess from what vga is saying, Universal Chaos. I should have gotten a copy of Quest for Quintana Roo from them.

Quest is on ebay all the time. I'd check to make sure it's an NTSC version, and not from Germany or somewhere, but you can find that one easy. That & Superkicks are both quite common. I have a loose Telegames Quest here now I don't really need. Universal Chaos is suppose to be a Targ conversion, which until DP released their proto late last year, was thought to not exist. So it was a unique game, and still is the only released version of it.

This is what I found out so far (after 5 years of research):

Telegames UK:

32-in-1 (PAL)

Adventures on GX-12 (PAL)

Baseball (PAL)

Bogey Blaster (New!) (PAL+NTSC)

Bump 'n' Jump (New!) (PAL+NTSC)

Burgertime (PAL)

Football (PAL)

Frogs and Flies (PAL)

Glacier Patrol (New!) (PAL+NTSC)

International Soccer - Soccer (PAL+NTSC)

Kung Fu Superkicks - Pursuit of the Ninja (PAL+NTSC)

Night Stalker (PAL)

Quest for Quintana Roo (PAL+NTSC)

Universal Chaos (New!) (PAL+NTSC)

World Championship Baseball (PAL)

Telegames USA:

Air Raiders (PAL)

Armor Ambush (PAL)

Astroblast (PAL)

Bogey Blaster (PAL+NTSC)

Deadly Discs (PAL)

International Soccer - Soccer (PAL+NTSC)

Lock 'n' Chase (PAL)

Space Attack (PAL)

Star Strike (PAL)

Super Challenge Baseball (PAL+NTSC)

Super Challenge Football (PAL+NTSC)

It's a mess...

8)