IGNORED

Looked at the E.T. binary lately?

DEBRO

I was looking at E.T. today (looking into a request by a friend ) and I see another familiar friend in the ROM besides our good friend Yar. Look at location $FFE9 and you'll see good ole Indy.

Yep, and you can see them in the game too. They're Easter Eggs.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/et/83082.htm

During his pit diving expeditions, E.T. may run across a wilted flower at the bottom of a pit. E.T. can use his powers to revive the flower for an extra life.  The flower is actually the key to revealing HSW's initials hidden in the game.  If E.T. retrieves all the phone pieces, gives Elliot 7 candy pieces, and revives a flower on the first level it will turn into a Yar from Yar's Revenge.  After winning the game, do this again, and flower will turn into Indiana Jones from ROTLA!  Win the game again; repeat the same steps and HSW3 will appear in your score after reviving the third flower.  

Tempest

We had a couple of threads about this and how to exactly trigger the Yar and Indy in E.T. ... and I know because I remember posting about it years ago (that I had seen the Yar once when I was a kid and never saw it again), then when the detailed steps were finally posted here... it brought a lot of closure :P