IGNORED

'Schloss Schreckenstein" - Great Multiplayer Game

Heaven/TQA

Guys overseas...have you ever played this

http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4420

best is to play it with a friend... it's 2 player splitscreenaction...

as it has a german name i am not sure if this masterpiece from 1985 was ever released outside of germany...in germany it was released by ariolasoft...

btw. was is peter finzel doing nowadays?

aaah... haven't seen the axis intro for years... great piece of art... just quick search on google brought that christoph schulte-Vennbur who has coded slotmachine & the intro was former working at atari germany... and interesting that i found 2 c64 games from him as well refering to lemon64...

hmmm.... can't believe that he left completly computing...

Why do you need the disk write option enabled?

All versions I know used to write garbage into the sectors that contains the level data if the disk isn't write protected.

:ponder: You didn't answer my question. :|

Maybe I didn't understand your question.

You don't need the disk write option enabled quite the contrary it must be disabled.

Sonst vielleicht noch mal die Frage auf Deutsch? :wink:

wasn't the atari demo (robot/space ship) written by xanth as well?

I don't think so the robot demo is "much" older than the xanth demos.

Just found that:

"At the time Amiga would bring out technological demos showcasing their product. We would subsequentially one-up them. In chronological order; "Boink", "Fujiboink", 8-bit "Boink" and 8-bit "it's a swan honest"."

http://xanthfx.1up.com/

Sonst vielleicht noch mal die Frage auf Deutsch?  :wink:

Hier meine deutschen Gedanken ;)

Es macht eigentlich keinen Sinn, die Routine des Sektorschreibens im Programm selbst zu entfernen, da durch das Aktivieren des Schreibschutzes das Problem ja bereits behoben ist und meines Wissens das Spiel selbst keine HighScores oder dergleichen speichert (was eine Deaktivierung des Schreibschutzes und damit Modifizierung des Programmcodes rechtfertigen würde). Alle Klarheiten beseitigt? ;)

Aber dein Hinweis ist natürlich wichtig für Leute, die das atr-image wieder auf 5,25" Diskette rückübertragen und dann den Diskettenschreibschutz nach dem Überspielen nicht "aufkleben".

Heaven/TQA Guys overseas...have you ever played this
Oh yes, Schreckenstein is one of my favourite games on the A8, spent many hours playing 2 player games. It's a really addictive game, a classic. I don't think it was released outside of Germany, I got hold of it from some place around 86 and translated it into english with a sector editor, good old disky II those were the days :)

Sonst vielleicht noch mal die Frage auf Deutsch?  :wink:

Hier meine deutschen Gedanken ;)

Es macht eigentlich keinen Sinn, die Routine des Sektorschreibens im Programm selbst zu entfernen, da durch das Aktivieren des Schreibschutzes das Problem ja bereits behoben ist und meines Wissens das Spiel selbst keine HighScores oder dergleichen speichert (was eine Deaktivierung des Schreibschutzes und damit Modifizierung des Programmcodes rechtfertigen würde). Alle Klarheiten beseitigt? ;)

Aber dein Hinweis ist natürlich wichtig für Leute, die das atr-image wieder auf 5,25" Diskette rückübertragen und dann den Diskettenschreibschutz nach dem Überspielen nicht "aufkleben".

Ok, jetzt weiss ich wie Du das gemeint hast.

Ich habe mir damals eine Version durch mangelnden Schreibschutz "zerschossen", da wäre eine gepatchte Version hilfreich gewesen ;)

Aber klar, Schreibschutz langt auch.

• 2 months later...

Well,

originally the XANTH demos were written for the CES 1985. They were *one* big 130XE demo which included a) the Robot b) the Fuji boink c) the Swan d) the Spaceship and e) some scroller (in one file!) - all running on a 130XE (using its 64k extra RAM). I have that demo in my collection, one big file with more than 500 sectors.

Looks like someone cracked this demo and made separate demo parts for 48k and 64k machines available, meaning a) robot+spaceship, b) fuji boink and c) the swan. The amiga boink however, was also done by XANTH, but it was not a part of this demo series (the CES 1985 demos), think it is even older than these demos... -Andreas Magenheimer.

Well,

originally the XANTH demos were written for the CES 1985. They were *one* big 130XE demo which included a) the Robot b) the Fuji boink c) the Swan d) the Spaceship and e) some scroller (in one file!) - all running on a 130XE (using its 64k extra RAM). I have that demo in my collection, one big file with more than 500 sectors.

It is interesting. I have never seen it in one piece! Only as separate demos. Also I did not kno who is author of that demo. BTW is possible to get the onepiece demo from you?

Well,

The Robot and the Spaceship are a separate demo released in 1984

Xanth wrote the Boink, after the Boink for tha amiga was released in 1985... Fuji Boink was released in '86.

So, the "hack" may be done by putting all demos into one file, so no disk drive was needed for the show.