IGNORED

Does the 2 port use the same power supply as the 4 port?

holygrailvideogames.com

You would think that I would know if the 2 port and 4 port systems use the same power supply because I probably have owned 20 5200 systems over the years but I don't know.  If anyone knows the answer please post it.

What's amazing to me is that you still don't know how to look up something in the FAQ's. :ponder: :P

Power Supply:  

4-Port: 11.5VDC @ 1.95A

2-Port: 9.3VDC @ 1.95A

I have two 5200 power adaptors. Each one was used when I got it, and each was obtained along with a used 5200 system. My first 5200, a 2-port model, was sold to me with a 9.3V adaptor. After that system suddenly quit working for no apparent reason, I bought another 5200, also a 2-port model. This one came with an 11.5V adaptor--and I never noticed that until now, because I've never bothered to check until now. I've been using that adaptor the whole time that I've owned the second 5200 (almost 4 years) with no problems. Admittedly, I only whip out the 5200 for some gaming maybe once or twice a month, so it hasn't seen serious use--but I haven't had any problems with it.

My questions: Should I be concerned that I've been using the wrong voltage adaptor after all this time? I still have my old 9.3V adaptor, and I'm pretty sure it works, although I was afraid it could've been the reason my first 5200 stopped working--should I be using that instead, since it's apparently the "correct" voltage? Or is there no harm done in using the 11.5V adaptor with a 2-port system?