IGNORED

What Are Your Rarest Sealed Games?

sly

Many years ago, Sean Kelly was selling off four packs (or was it three?) of brand new copies of rather rare 5200 games, including Fractalus and Gremlins. I never even opened the shipping box after receiving it. Not even sure where the box is right now. :roll:

I have an NES Myriad 6-in-1 still unopened, but IIRC, the wrap was broken in places. I also have a pair of shrinkwrapped Virtual Boy Waterworld that I got in a closeout bin at Toys R Us many years ago. And five copies of the 4-game GC Zelda preview. And some assorted rare 7800 games from FBE boxes. And then there's that PS1 Discworld 2 that I never bothered to open. It's still in the 2-pack Sams Club long-box.

I've also got a couple of Criterion DVDs that would fetch a pretty penny on ebay.

That's pretty much all I can remember notable that I have shrink wrapped.

I have a sealed Obelix in my collection, but eventually I'm sure that I'll open it. In honesty, I just haven't gotten around to it. The box is a little crushed in one corner and it really would look better without the shrinkwrap anyway. I think (hope) it is the NTSC version.

Badger 8)

Sealed games are nice, and I like the shrinkwrap, just to keep the box from getting stained. But there are some negatives to having sealed games.

1. You don't know what's inside. Technically you assume the correct game is there, but maybe it's not. Also, you don't know which label version you have, if there is more than 1.

2. Shrinkwrap continues to shrink. Though these games are old and the shrinkwrap has probably stopped shrinking, note that it does keep shrinking to a degree, thus usually you see this when corners are bent.

3. Price stickers are ugly, especially if there is more than one.

4. Shrinkwrap can tear pretty easily, which if you keep it on, looks disgusting.

Another positive note with shrinkwrap pertains to Imagic games. Since these games are in a tray, the shrinkwrap helps keep contents inside, like the manual, and in Intellivision case, overlays.

I've considered opening all my games. In fact, I have done that. If something is shrinkwrapped, what I usually do is just slice the top, so the shrinkwrap remains.

Phil

What do you mean by sealed? Some game companies did not shrinkwrap or glue their boxes closed and some stores removed games from their boxes and kept them behind the counter to cut down on theft.

I have no idea what would be considered rare that I have sealed. Probably the PAL Motorodeo I have sealed. I used to have Meteorites, BBSB and K-Razy Shoot-Out all sealed, but traded/sold them since I think collecting sealed games is pointless.

I generally don't like sealed games - I wanna know what's in there. (I don't really even like boxed games either)

The only sealed one I own is Berenstain Bears. I'll keep it that way as it's the best way to store it & the cassettes anyway. Besides, it stores nicely with my Smurfs Save the Day (still the styrofoam with the cassettes & kidvid module, but not sealed)

Off the top of my head;

1) 4 Panda games.

2) All the supercharger games.

3) Berenstain Bears.

4) QB wooden box edition.

5) Road Runner.

6) Pigs in Space.

7) Tron Pak with controller.

8) A few of the playaround games.

There are more, but cant think of them right now.

:ponder: :ponder: :)