IGNORED

Beamrider

sandmountainslim

Picked up Activisions Beamrider at a flea mkt yesterday for two bucks and talk about an outstanding game! Dont know how but I never heard of this one when I was a kid and didnt know anyone who owned it but after playing it for an hour or so I dont know why it wasnt one of the most popular games out there, excellent graphics and the gameplay is fast and furious, if ya dont have this one buy it!

SMS

Yeah, Beamrider is good on any system it appears.  My fav is the Colecovision version.

That's the version I have as well. Has some very nice graphics (and I've played the 2600 version and it also has nice graphics). The game features some nice action that is neither too difficult nor rediculously. Has some nice action in it. Kinda remainds me of a stretched-out version of Tempest. Somehow.

I knew of the other system versions of Beamrider but I only learned of the 2600 version of this game after I joined this site. It is a great game and I guess it got lost in the video game crash?

I have no idea how I missed this game back in the 80's. I kept up on all Activision releases, even when I was primarily buying games for my 800XL. So I didn't even know to look for it through years of collecting in the 90's. I did finally find my copy at PC4.

You do need to read the instructions though. Unless you like passing up those free ships every round.

and its good news for you Stan! Beamrider has distracted me from Climber 5 giving you time to roll the score counter and win my Title Belt!  Go for it before I regain my senses.

SMS

yes, um, please, keep playing Beamrider, isn't it a great game. Its the kind of game you can play for months, and months, without ever thinking of another game. yes, please, keep playing! Enjoy.....

*scrambles for Climber 5 cart....*

;) ;)