IGNORED

New Jag Game in dev: JagWorm

Starcat

More in-game photos for people without a working setup to try this lost WIP on.

Posted with exclusive permission from StarCat on AA.

I was a play-tester, among other things. ;)

These are of the play screens, and associated cut-scenes.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

post-3013-1116953112_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953128_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953157_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953180_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953205_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953235_thumb.jpg

post-3013-1116953258_thumb.jpg

Hi!

Hello,
No luck yet with my M jaguar and JUGS
Another thought.

Download my BJL4JUGS (?) loader and batch file, it's on Jaguar-Homebrew

files area on Yahoo groups. I guess I released it more than 2 years ago...

You upload the BJL loader using JUGS, which is very quick as the BJL loader

is very small. Once it loads, the BJL loader takes over, and loads the game.

The PC batch file sends the BJL loader to JUGS, followed by a game/demo.

859925[/snapback]

I think the released JagWorm.cof just has a "weak" initialisation which keeps it from working in certain development environments.

Lars is working with an Alpine, so it should work there.

I tried it with several variations of a "BJL-environment" and had only luck with these two:

1) BJL-Loader fired up from the menu of a BJL-EPROM, but the game had no sound then.

2) BJL-Loader started from Belboz' BJL-CD, with this the game had both CD-Audio and Soundeffects.

I had no luck with the BJL-loader started from either the menu of my Ethernet-card, or from within Reversi or Clicks or other games writen by me which offer the BJL-loader. After the uplaod the screen kept blank, no sound was noticable.

This was independet from K or M-series consoles or from 50Hz or 60Hz screen refresh rates.

So my theory is that we should not expect that JagWorm.cof will work in any other environment than the one in which it was developed (with the exception of the above mentioned two BJL-setups).

Regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias

Hi Matthias !

Actually Jagworm, just like all my later projects used the original atari startup, that atari said was a must for all projects.

So the startup *should* be safe.

About the sound problem, did you have a JagCD with music CD attached each time you tried it? I could imagine that the sound doesn't work if it doesn't find a CD.

Regards, Lars.

Hello!

Hi Matthias !

Actually Jagworm, just like all my later projects used the original atari startup, that atari said was a must for all projects.

So the startup *should* be safe.

But only in the Atari-approved environments! Which means: Alpine-board.

About the sound problem, did you have a JagCD with music CD attached each time you tried it? I could imagine that the sound doesn't work if it doesn't find a CD.

Regards, Lars.

861024[/snapback]

Yes, i had a CD (the same CD) inserted. But as it is a WorkInProgress-version i can understand such problems.

Regards

Matthias

Hi folks !

Just in case you missed the original post:

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas !

I also have a little present for you, a sneak preview on one of my Atari Jaguar side projects, that used to be listed on the Starcat Developments site with a questionmark.

The game is called JagWorm and it's a funny, and addictive cartoon game, in which you control a worm through levels full of obstacles. Your goal is to eat all the apples in the level before time runs out and without hitting any obstacles such as rocks, thorns, bushes, water and other things.

The game features colorful cartoon graphics, save feature, lots of levels and even several different highly addictive game modes, such as the advanced game mode which I summed up above already, the classic mode, where your goal is to eat as many apples as possible without biting yourself and a very fun multiplayer mode for up to 8(!!) players at once.

The game is progressing well, however to complete it, I need your help.

The project needs talented mod musicians to create game music. If you are interested in helping out, visit the "help wanted" section of the Jagworm site. (link below leads to the site)

Check the site out and enjoy !!

http://www.starcat-dev.de/jagworm

Regards, Lars.

784401[/snapback]

I can't wait to buy my copy (or two) of this fantastic looking game! Hurry up and release it or I will start holding my breath until I explode.