IGNORED

Any interest in USB2Serial SIO2PC support 4 OSX/Linux/Win

belboz

Just curious if there is any interest in SIO2PC software for OSX that supports the SIO2PC interface?

I have some code I threw together that works on my iBook using a USB to RS232 interface connected to a standard SIO2PC board. Works fine.

I figure this is more useful on the Apple platform since serial devices are few and far between, but I could easily make Linux and Windows versions too.

Just curious first if there is any interest in this.

Well the program isn't ready for release yet. I have a bunch of things I want to do with it first. Haven't really thought much about source code release or not. It is possible.

Mainly I am curious if there are enough Mac fans out there who are interested in this. I did it mainly as a quick little hack to see if it would work. If there is enough interest I will work on it some more and release it into the wild.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would be very glad to have software running on an Apple Macintosh. So I could get rid of that lame Pentium 100 Laptop giving aches while using it with SIO2PC.

PLEAAAASE go on developing! Can we help you? Can you publish the sourcecode?

Just a thought: it would be great to include that into ATARI800 emulator, so the emulator would be a diskdrive for a real ATARI too.

Regards (from Germany),

Florian

• 16 years later...

Almost 17 years and many macOS versions later, I'm thinking about getting an SIO2PC, but can't find out if it'll be working with macOS version El Capitan (on my MacBook Pro 2009) or Big Sur (on my Mac Mini 2014).

Which macOS versions are you using successfully with an SIO2PC?

-Hermann