IGNORED

Same Arcadia?!

yuppicide

There are a lot of companies that have used the name Arcadia (type it into Google). The logo looks too radically different from that of the Arcadia that made the Supercharger to make me think there's a relation. But I'd never heard of the Super Select Sysytem, so I don't know.

My question is, why is the "MAGIC" in Magic Johnson Basketball in all caps like that? Of all the stuff on the flyer, for some reason that was what grabbed me.

Technically the two companies merged, since Epyx at the same time lots a bunch of staff members who went on to form their own company. Of course, Epyx went chapter 11, too; Atari got the rights to Epyx titles for the 7800, and Bridgestone Multimedia got the rest, which included the remains of Starpath; A&B Sales got the remainder of Starpath's inventory, including the last two previously unreleased Supercharger titles, Sword of Saros and Survival Island.

Arcadia was never sued by Emmerson; they changed their name when Emmerson released the Arcadia 2001 to avoid that possibility. (They may have been issued a C&D from Emmerson, though; Arcadia the company existed before Arcadia the console was released, but probably not before Emmerson started work on it, so Emmerson probably felt they had a better claim to the name)

• Like 1