IGNORED

Going on my first hunt for Atari stuff

That80sGuy

Let's see how my powers of prediction are.

In your future I see a dusty 4-switch woody with Combat and text-label Space Invaders, possibly a copy of Pitfall. Two joysticks, one of which has teeth marks on the rubber boot, the other is missing the boot entirely. :D

Hopefully you have better luck than that, but depending on how things are in your region, that might actually be the good luck. Never know where things will turn up though. It's always a pleasant surprise to find things that were well taken care of.

20 - 30 tag sales every Saturday in the Spring and Summer.

1 out of 10 has some sort of video game system and games for me to buy.

About 1 out of 60 has Atari. :sad:

Never give up. It's the one that has 50 carts and a heavy sixer for $10 that makes all the rest worth it.

(Or a Guardian for $4 ;) :D )

There's virtually no Atari stuff around here anymore. Most people have cleaned out their storage rooms and attic areas since the early 1980s, so there's very little going into the public realm anymore. I seem to only find stuff from the early 1990s, like Sega Genesis consoles and games.

Like it's been said, don't be too down if you don't find anything in the wild. The first time I went in search of Atari stuff, I had to comb thrifts and garage sales for a couple months before I found anything classic game related (a Vectrex console for $5). But when I did, it really motivated me to pick up the pace and try harder. And to be honest, in the past year or so, i've only found a handful of Atari carts in the wild, and they were all commons with bad labels.

Don't say never though! I got my Tooth Protectors for $5 from a garage sale in the town next to where I used to live. I guess they didn't know what they had. It was in a nice cartridge holder that folded open and had a few more games.

I sold my Tooth Protectors on eBay for $300. The label was I'd say 8 or 9 out of 10.

Yup!  Columbia South Carolina.

Tomorrows forcast:

Sunny and temps in the mid 60s  8)  

Jealous? :P

Man, I have some stories to tell about the fairgrounds(we'd tailgate there during football games) good times..

Hey, back in college we used to go down to the river and lay out on the rocks, do people still do that? I remember we'd scramble out when the dam would let the water out and the water would quickly rise.. kind of fun in a stupid no fear way.

:ponder: