IGNORED

Lynx games wanted to buy

giancax78

I'm looking for some Lynx games mainly the ones that Telegames and Songbird has done, but if you have others available, please let me know what you have for sale.

Alpine Games

Alien vs Predator

Bubble Trouble

Championship Rally

Cyber Virus

Daemon's Gate

Fat Bobby

Krazy Ace Miniature Golf

Lynx Othello

Relief Pitcher

Road Riot 4WD

T-Tris

Many Thanks

Giancax78

chris_lynx1989:

I thought that you had a copy of this game?

I searched the forums and saw talk of you on it, saying you had one of the two prototypes, and yours was cloned for testing......

So when are you going to make more clones, just to make the community happy............. I know I would be (just hope I don't sound to greedy)

yes,i do have one of the two original protos that were burned up by atari/

images software for show at wces,sces or the e3 of the time(e3 did not

start until 1995 though).but,it may have seen an e3 show.i'm sure it saw

two or three sces or wces shows though.am i right about the e3 starting

in 1995?hmmmm.

also,you are right about there being "2" evaluation clones having been

made off of my eprom for a production run.

you want a copy? it sounds like you do to me.i'll put you on the list of

100 others that have expressed a deep interest in it to be sure.i'll get to

burning up some of these soon.how much is one worth to you on a 4/8

meg lynx board?you don't get to see too many 4/8 megabit (512/1024k) lynx eprom boarded games these days,do you?only at the ces shows of

the past did most anyone get to see eotb or relief pitcher or pit-fighter or

dracula:the undead like this.relief pitcher is a real treat for the eyes on a

lynx.only alpine games tends to remind me/one of the qualities that were

put in to a lynx game of this sort.in my opinion anyway.--the lynxer

Yes, of course, I do have interest in this game, which Lynxowner does'nt?

I don't think that I or another should have to bid on a copy of this game, you can make out for yourself how much it would cost to make a serious batch of eepromcarts

This way you can share a new Lynxgame with lynxowners, and make us all happy

Just my personal opinion......

Isgoed Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chris_lynx1989:

I searched the forums and saw talk of you on it, saying you had one of the two prototypes, and yours was cloned for testing......

So when are you going to make more clones, just to make the community happy............. I know I would be (just hope I don't sound to greedy)

Isgoed Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that I or another should have to bid on a copy of this game, you can make out for yourself how much it would cost to make a serious batch of eepromcarts

YOK-dfa Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:29 pm Post subject:

Why not release the rom so we can enjoy the game on an emulator for example? Or do you want to sell it first so you can get back the money you paid for the prototype ?

Hi Lynxowners.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I do not own these games, I am looking for them. Perhaps I had them ... I would already have made some copies to do happy everybody! If I should find them I will let you certainly know, be sure! I say hello, and thanks. Giancax78 P.s. -[translated with a translator, you excuse possible mistakes] -

Isgoed Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:51 pm Post subject:

chris_lynx1989:

Isgoed Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm Post subject:

YOK-dfa Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:29 pm Post subject:

Why not release the rom so we can enjoy the game on an emulator for example? Or do you want to sell it first so you can get back the money you paid for the prototype ?

Hi Lynxowners.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I do not own these games, I am looking for them. Perhaps I had them ... I would already have made some copies to do happy everybody! If I should find them I will let you certainly know, be sure! I say hello, and thanks. Giancax78 P.s. -[translated with a translator, you excuse possible mistakes] -

yes,i do have one of the two original protos ...do you want a copy? it sounds like you do to me.i'll put you on the list of

meg lynx board?

Chris,

I think it's easily assumed that there are, on this forum alone, plenty of people who would like to purchase a copy of Relief Pitcher. I think that's been well established in the past.

So, you have to decide whether or not you want to make a few bucks and make some of us Lynxers rather happy. (This is assuming you either have the rights to distribute it or do not care about rights.)

Set a fair price and we'll buy it. Simple enough. :D

Thanks,

Smeg

yes,i do have one of the two original protos ...do you want a copy? it sounds like you do to me.i'll put you on the list of

meg lynx board?

Chris,

I think it's easily assumed that there are, on this forum alone, plenty of people who would like to purchase a copy of Relief Pitcher. I think that's been well established in the past.

So, you have to decide whether or not you want to make a few bucks and make some of us Lynxers rather happy. (This is assuming you either have the rights to distribute it or do not care about rights.)

Thanks,

Smeg

i'm not so big on the money-side of lynx gaming.to make money is a nice

thing in life,i guess.i do not exacly want to or expect to make a killing on

this title.

as far as the rights go,i was given this and another title and a board to do

whatever i ever wished to with them with abandon,if i so chose to.the stuff

was released to me free and clear to keep for myself or to make up and

offer to others.i've considered just selling the board copies off as collectors

items at certain times.also,i've thought of selling eproms on these boards--

this still could happen at some point.this is still up in the air at the moment

on this--can you expect less from an atari abandoned prototype game?it

was put in limbo back in 1992/3 before,what else is new?these things take

time and money.the boards for this are expensive and sort of hard to ma-

ke up--this has been the thing all along that has kept this from the lynxers

seeing it for the past 5 years in their lynx units.i'm sorry.it does take years

at times to get stuff out--sometimes 6 years on some games like this,peo-

ple have told me this in the past before.we shall see what happens this ye-

ar on this.we'll see.no promises :)

i'm not big on just putting this out there as game rom on atari age or etc.

it will end up on some rom site not too long after it comes out on an eprom

cart anyway probably(they all usually do overseas or here in the u.s.).carl

nor no one else has been able to stop this with games having been release

-ed over the years.it makes them all mad their efforts end up on a site for

anyone to emulate after they've put a game up for sale.it really does suck

to have it happen--so damn many pirates out there doing it.it still happens

even when encryption has been put in to stop it!too many hackers,i guess.

--the lynxer

i'm not big on just putting this out there as game rom on atari age or etc.

it will end up on some rom site not too long after it comes out on an eprom

cart anyway probably(they all usually do overseas or here in the u.s.).carl

nor no one else has been able to stop this with games having been release

-ed over the years.

Actually, I am surprised that this has not happened.

About two months ago I ordered a MAME collection and the guy also advertised the latest console stuff including Lynx. There was every single bit of code that has ever floated around the net for the Lynx. All my experiments, Bastians code. But not a single copy of any recent releases like Othello, Championship Rally, Alpine Games or Reloaded. So obviously the Lynx is not pirated that much...

--

Karri

meg lynx board?

Chris,

Thanks,

Smeg

I think that one of the thornier issues with Relief Pitcher is that Lance Ringquist has planned to release this one for some time. I know that he intended to release it late last year as a proto-repro title, but his plans to do so simply got bogged down. I'm not sure why RP is proving to be so difficult to burn & release, but I'm confident that we'll see the title in the next year or so -- in some form -- given the fact that at least three collectors have proto carts.

I could see that making real copies of a Lynx game would be problematic. Personally, I'm not interested in an emulation version. I have a Lynx and I want to play my games on my Lynx.

I could also see that, since at least two people have eprom protos, making copies would be problematic. No one wants any toes stepped upon, that's for sure.

This may be naive, but what about getting in touch with Bruce/Cathy at B&C and having them make the boards? Especially if Chris isn't all that concerned about making money. Ya know B&C is in business to make money. Get them the proto, have them burn copies and sell them like they do AvP and the others. Chris can get whatever he wants for it and they keep most of the profits. It's in the hands of the Lynx community. Everybody wins. Well, except for Lance, I reckon.

Just a thought...

Smeg

I could see that making real copies of a Lynx game would be problematic.  Personally, I'm not interested in an emulation version.  I have a Lynx and I want to play my games on my Lynx.

I could also see that, since at least two people have eprom protos, making copies would be problematic.  No one wants any toes stepped upon, that's for sure.

This may be naive, but what about getting in touch with Bruce/Cathy at B&C and having them make the boards?  Especially if Chris isn't all that concerned about making money.  Ya know B&C is in business to make money.  Get them the proto, have them burn copies and sell them like they do AvP and the others.  Chris can get whatever he wants for it and they keep most of the profits.  It's in the hands of the Lynx community.  Everybody wins. Well, except for Lance, I reckon.

Just a thought...

Smeg

Then it would be easier to just put the image online...then anybody who is able can burn it to rom himself...

But... who wants a not playable proto anyway???

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the info on Relief Pitcher. But what is the other title you are talking about??

"was given this and another title and a board to do whatever i ever wished to with them"

Is it posible for you to tell us the name of the game? Or is it a secret? Is something dangerous going to happend to you if you speak it out load? :P

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the info on Relief Pitcher. But what is the other title you are talking about??  

"was given this and another title and a board to do whatever i ever wished to with them"  

Is it posible for you to tell us the name of the game? Or is it a secret? Is something dangerous going to happend to you if you speak it out load?  :P

sure.i'll take the chance that the lord won't strike me down with a bolt of

lightning or something here.making statements and stating facts are like

dealing with girls and women,sometimes you just take a big,big chance

and just hope for the best in the world that can happen to you!women and

girls are the bigger risk to a guy's sanity though.IMO heh. :)

the other title i received was a complete copy of eye of the beholder--it is

a final beta eprom version from 1993.it has a neat intro sequence and tune that it plays.i'm not a huge RPG fan,so it does not thrill me a real lot.

it is neat to play though.RP is the same way too.it is sad these never saw

the light of day through atari before august 1996 and the demise of them.

several titles were much anticipated like these--720 degrees,cabal,and the

like,you know.lynx up!--the lynxer

• 6 months later...
Hi Chris!

Is it posible for you to tell us the name of the game? Or is it a secret? Is something dangerous going to happend to you if you speak it out load?  :P

sure.i'll take the chance that the lord won't strike me down with a bolt of

lightning or something here.making statements and stating facts are like

dealing with girls and women,sometimes you just take a big,big chance

and just hope for the best in the world that can happen to you!women and

girls are the bigger risk to a guy's sanity though.IMO heh. :)

the other title i received was a complete copy of eye of the beholder--it is

a final beta eprom version from 1993.it has a neat intro sequence and tune that it plays.i'm not a huge RPG fan,so it does not thrill me a real lot.

it is neat to play though.RP is the same way too.it is sad these never saw

the light of day through atari before august 1996 and the demise of them.

several titles were much anticipated like these--720 degrees,cabal,and the

like,you know.lynx up!--the lynxer

801084[/snapback]

Frist time I noticed this thread... and it seems to be a very interesting one at that. Whatever comes of these two titles... I am interested in getting them. It would be great for the Lynx community. That's for sure.

I have an issue with paying $49 for a Lynx title though... perhaps that is why I don't have some of the newer releases. That is a personal issue with me. I kept telling myself that i would not pay that much... but I think I'm at a point where my Lynx collection is begging for some of these titles and I may have to break down and get them.

One question I had... and it is a subject that has burned me some within the Lynx community: What is the actual COST of making a repro like they are doing of AvP and a few titles like that? I don't see where it would cost $30-50 bucks for a repro cart of a demo or an unfinished game. To me... it is a money scam. Please don't take that the wrong way... I may just be ignorant in what it costs to make these things... buy I've seen these things go for $49.99 and I believe it is silly. I think the onetime deal where they were selling 4 for $100 was fairly reasonable. I'm not big on collecting boxes or anything, but I'm guessing these protos don't come with any of that stuff... right?

Thanks... (Son't bash me too hard)

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this up again... because I think it is interesting. Any news of RP and Eye of the Beholder is interesting.

In this case though, I re-read something I typed out a few years back before the Lynx REALLY got a hold of me.

I mentioned that I would not spend $49 for a Lynx title. Yet... I know different now.

I think the majority of the community would pay MORE than $49 for a Lynx title... depending on which title it is.

Eye of the Beholder... I'd like to get the proto. I woud LOVE to have a so called FINISHED proto. But... if the only thing available was say a copy of the proto... I'd gladly shell out $100 or so for EotB alone.

Probably the same goes for RP. I'd shell out nearly the same.

Anyone out here have information regarding copies of the protos being sold? When wqas it sold... how many copies... and how much did it cost? I am mainly speaking about EotB here.

It is curious... some games hold a mystery. Dameon's Gate... I've read reviews that it appears to be complete. I've read that no one has finished it though... but it appears to be complete. Personally... I've been STARVING for information regarding that game, EotB and RP. I missed out on a good DG proto earlier... but that was because I was too slow. Go figure.

My worry with some of these games, is that they will get lost in time and people will forget about them. I know that EotB has a lot of legal issues to overcome... but it didn't stop the few copies from being made and distributed. I just wish a few people would actually make a site or an article about them. If I had the game, I would try. So... perhaps in the future, if I get the chance to own one of these gems, I'll get make a website with a walkthrough and everything.